Need help for my son's truck

AdamS

Reaction
I have a question. Can you use 3 in spindles with rough country coil springs?

Bert is my name

Reaction
Yes you can use a spindle with lift springs. Somehow the camber changed though when changing ball joints. Did he remove the upper control arm? If he did I bet the alignment cams are out of adjustment. What control arm. Stock? If it is a stock arm the geometry of that suspension will go into negative camber with a lift spring or when drooped out. The toe adjustment and caster adjustment will be all out of whack too. Take it to a shop that can align lifted trucks.

BTFfabrication

Reaction
They pretty much all do this, if it’s using a stock upper control arm. That kind of lift essentially turns ride height into full droop, they ride terrible, eat ball joints and have horrible camber. And good luck getting enough adjustment out of the alignment cams; they are probably already maxed out. Best bet is to get an aftermarket UCA that will correct the camber for this setup.

Bert is my name

Reaction
Ran 2.5 " springs on my dad's dodge. Ride was horrible killed ball joints. Bounced and wandered all over. Yanked those out and put in daystar spacers. Much improved ride. If I remember right. Ford upper arms have a down stop built into the arm. I have clearanced the down stop in the past to gain a little more droop. Helped the ride quality.