Need help with turn signals

Travisfab

Reaction
Hi everyone new to the board, I am building a 91 Bronco and I have a little dilema, I have fiberglass dash and a custom steering column so all my stock stuff has been gutted, I need to set up some type of relay that I could wire and get some blinking lights in my headlights and tailights, I am trying to get this thing street legal and back on the road, any ideas would be great, Thanks

jeff

Reaction
Check out a painless wiring 12-circuit fuse block. You can buy them from other manufacturers but the Painless one is pretty nice. It's got the flasher built-in for the turn signals and the hazards. If you want cheaper you can just rig up the flasher with some wiring and call it a day.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/fuseblock.htm

Aloha

Travisfab

Reaction
Please excuse my ignorance, but are you suggesting that I run wires directly to my factory fuse box/flasher from a switch to control my turn signals

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
do you stil have the factory wiring...just no switch module?

Travisfab

Reaction
Yeah, all of the factory wiring is still there, the stock steering column (where the stock turn sinals were) is out, I have a ton of wires that are unused now, I had a shop look at it and they couldnt find the wires for the factory turn signals, I dont think they knew what they were looking for though. When you say switch module do you mean the actual arm that you push up or down to turn on the lights, if so, that is gone

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
get a book on the wiring diagrams...then run a 2 way switch or 2 switches for the blinkers. They wont go off automatically but you will have blinkers. your turn, hazard, and brakes probably share the same circuit so that could be a start on the hunt.

Light Blue Wire - From Turn Signal Flasher To Multi Function Switch To Be Split To Lights
Light Green Wire - From Stop Light Switch To Multi Function Switch To Be Split To Lights
Light Green With Orange Stripe Wire - Left Rear Turn/Stop Lights (Trailer Also)
Light Green With Red Hash Marks Wire - Power To Stop Light Switch
Light Green With White Stripe Wire - Left Front Turn Signal & Indicator
Orange With Light Blue Stripe Wire - Right Rear Turn/Stop Lights (Trailer Also)
Purple With Orange Hash Marks Wire - Hot In Run From Fuse Block To Turn Signal Flasher
Red With White Hash Marks Wire - Hot At All Times To Hazard Flasher
White With Light Blue Stripe Wire - Right Front Turn Signal And Indicator
White With Red Hash Marks Wire - From Hazard Flasher To Multi Function Switch To Be Split To Lights