Need help with wheel bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction
Anyone in the EL Cajon/ Ranch San Diego CA. area that is good with adjusting wheel bearings? I have Desert Specialties 2.5 race hubs on my truck that I cant get adjusted correctly. I could take it to a shop and pay but I'm sure there is someone local that could help me out. Let me know if you would like to help out a local Desert Rat.

Reaction
Yes they did and I had Desert Specialties send me two more. I swapped them out and they still make noise. I have replaced bearings and races and it didn't help.

Justin

Reaction
Each hub needs to have the sleeve machined for that paticular hus to get the preload right. Anothrt thing to do is check the races to make sure they are seated correctly and makr sure they are round.

Reaction
Ok, makes sense. I checked the races and they are fully seated. guess I would need to take them to a shop for the spacer measurements and turning of the spacers. You recommend anyone in particular to do this?

Justin

Reaction
I see that your in El Cajon so I would say try some of the big shops down in your area to see if they would be willing to do a small job. Without seeing and hearing the noise I would guess the sleeves are too short. If you cant find someone to do it ill see if a friend of mine has time to take care of it in Vista.

Reaction
I talked to some of my local shops (won't mention any names) and they wanted crazy prices to work on them. Now I don't mind paying for a service but I am not going to pay their shops mortgage! Ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.