need help

alfenator

Reaction
can anyone tell me the weight and hp rateing of a 2.2 eco tec and a 2.0 mr2 motor im thinking of putting one of those in my buggy. i blew my motor at glen helen a vw motor and its time for a lot more power i had a 2276 and threw a rod out of the block so i have to start over any ways any one sell adaper plate besides kennady

diirk

Reaction
I'd go for the Ecotec over the Mr2. Lots more aftermarket support for the Ecotec nowadays. They're becomeing very popular. There's a guy on CL selling the for $295, I think. There was also a good deal on one in Phelan for $500, but it included everything.

Besides Kennedy, J&R Machine makes one.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
selling the entire engine for $295 and $500. . .that's a killer deal!!!!

I would also second the Ecotec engine, there is now a class just for them in one of the series and there is supposed to be a Score class shortly as well (if there isn't already. . .I always lose track of the classes if I stop paying close attention for just a week). . .

diirk

Reaction
There's actually two Ecotec classes in SCORE. Class 2 & 4. Rules are posted HERE.

MORE & BITD also Have Ecotec classes as I'm sure do other promoters. That's for desert. There's also closed course racing that include Ecotecs like M4SX and Glen Helen. Last I heard, one of the Ecotec powered X18's came in first in class at M4SX this past weekend.

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Speed Unlimited's MC10 placed first at Glen Helen earlier in the year in one of those closed course races. . .