• Forum membership has its advantages....

need info for class 10 front end toe and camber ajustment

rocky4by

This is on our class 10 Alumicraft, we just installed new Uni-balls and all heims. Just want to check and see what toe and camber numbers we should be shooting for front end setup?
Thanks for any information.

Steve Marolda

Don't be afraid to experiment with different settings. Toe-in makes the car steer tighter but can make the front end push and skid thru turns. Toe-out allows the wheels to follow the natural arc of a corner (the inside of a corner is a tighter arc than the outside of a corner... toe-out compensates for that) with more equal traction at each wheel making it easier to slide the back wheels around. A 1/4 in to a 1/4 out is an common range of adjustment. (assuming no bump steer) Camber can vary greatly depending on suspension design but generally, zero at mid-travel is a good place to start. Ask AlumiCraft if they have a suggestion.

rocky4by

Thanks for the information , We did a little testing today with the wheels @ 1/16 toe in, feels pretty good but I could tell there might be a little push in the turns. We are running late, and are headed down to race the 1000, if I could find someone to give it a second look as we go though southern Cal I might do that, but really the car feels really solid and drives fine. Thanks for the information 👍

jon coleman

tow in good, just enough caster to pull the steering wheel back straight, but not gonna popeye your forearms trying to turn it, pos camber push, neg camber tires like to bite, 'darty' especially w tow out, oh, and dont forget to ask how much akerman is best ,( if ' on the car'adjustable) wheel off sets, , ride heights, ect, air pressure,tire size, angle of mars to venus& the moon, it never ends....:eek:

Last edited: