need info on class 1450 race truck

adam17

Reaction
I have a semi-built 93 3.0, single cab ranger with the 6 foot bed. I want to build a class 1450 race truck. I need info about rules and regulations before I can start building.

also if anyone has pointers on parts that should be used or info on how to go about the build that would be appreciated to.

ultrablew

Reaction
What series are you thinking of running? The rulebooks for each series are mostly available online. For 1450 you must keep the steel cab. The rest of the rules are pretty loose. For caging, you may want to order a SCORE rulebook. You will have caging covered no matter where you race, following those guidelines.

adam17

Reaction
Thanks alot for the info. I know I want to race SCORE but thats all I know of so far for the 1450 class. Do you know of others that have the same class with the same rules?

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Thanks alot for the info. I know I want to race SCORE but thats all I know of so far for the 1450 class. Do you know of others that have the same class with the same rules?
SCORE does not have a 1450.... They have a sportsman class so anything goes as far a suspension. SCORE has standard safety rules.

MDR, SNORE, DRIVE all have a 1450 class MDR has a new 1500 class.

1450 = anything goes but must have working doors and a steel cab.
1500 = leaf spring, steel cab working doors, engine that came in the same series truck, suspension must pivot in stock location i.e. I beams must mount in factory location but radius arms are open. A-Arm trucks lower a-arms must mount in stock location. But every thing else is open.

If you want you can call me anytime to go over the rules or send me an email to jerry@camburg.com with your number and I will call you when I get a chance.

Also go look at;

www.mdrracing.com
www.snoreracing.net
http://www.drive-racing.com
www.moreracing.net

maxyedor

Reaction
Like Jerry said, MDR/SNORE/DRIVE rules are simple, steel cab, working steel doors, safety stuff, and everything else is wide open. MORE is the same, but they don't have a pro class, instead they split 1450 up into 1400 (links) and 1450 (leafs) and both are sportsman classes.

1500 should turn out to be a pretty cool class once it gets up and running, as of now there's not many entries, but quite a few guys who started building 1500 specific trucks as soon as the rules were finalized, next year there will be some serious battles for wins.