Need more grip out of our SFI gloves?

Mike909

Reaction
Trying to find a solution to get more grip out of her driving gloves? We have tried DJ safety and Crow gloves on a Suede steering wheel and my kid cannot get enough grip with gloves on? any suggestions besides pine tar.

450grl

Reaction
I use SPARCO "Tide" gloves (see link) Sparco USA- they have little tiny rubber "volcanos" on the palms and fingers that help grip the steering wheel. They are spendy....but they work very well.

Other options I have done in the past.....scuff up the suede on the steering wheel as much as possible before each time on the track. Also, I have actually used skinny strips of grip tape along the top and back sides of the steering wheel. This is hard on gloves, but it did work for me for a while.

Also, is the steering wheel itself too thick for her hands? Can you find a skinnier steering wheel, maybe? That will allow her to grip around it farther?

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
I use SPARCO "Tide" gloves (see link) Sparco USA- they have little tiny rubber "volcanos" on the palms and fingers that help grip the steering wheel. They are spendy....but they work very well.

Other options I have done in the past.....scuff up the suede on the steering wheel as much as possible before each time on the track. Also, I have actually used skinny strips of grip tape along the top and back sides of the steering wheel. This is hard on gloves, but it did work for me for a while.

Also, is the steering wheel itself too thick for her hands? Can you find a skinnier steering wheel, maybe? That will allow her to grip around it farther?
This^^^

The spendy sparcos are super grippy on suede wheels. I have a few pairs of smaller sized ones in the SDHQ vendor trailer. I might be able to shave a few bucks off the price for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDANK Racing

Reaction
try a standard rubber grip wheel, Quick Car is only $40 new, I've used with crow gloves and only noticed slipping when its really muddy.

Hockey stick tape (cloth) works too.

ppumper

Reaction
alpine stars all have silicone palms and grips. we will have them in parker on the Parker Pumper trailer

Mike909

Reaction
Thanks for all the responses everyone guess its time to go glove shopping! i may consider the grip tape idea also as she does have smaller hands shes 13

philsmike

Reaction
Another option is a different steering wheel. Max Papis Innovations - MPI, offers a more ergonomic steering wheel and they offer a variety of styles and sizes.