• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Need new Chop Saw

curtis

Need a good chop saw. I remember reading about one on here or another site and someone recommended what was the best type. I found it on Amazon for about $400 but can't remember the name. I've been using a ryobi miter as a chop saw but it finally broke the switch today and I need to cut a bunch of stuff tomorrow. Looking to go buy something tomorrow if possible in Phoenix and not ordered from online.

Baja Bryan

CTD Mitre saws are the best if you want accurate cuts. Look for a used one. Its the bas that makes them good. I have 3 of them and one was my grandpas that is 50 years old and still works perfect.

blue dog

X2 on the slugger dry cut 14". I have had it for a year now, awesome. I as well bought the 9" circular saw, Awesome.
Next on my list is the Ellis 1600 miring band saw.

Attachments

mfs

Grizzy tools has a bandsaw I been wanting to get. I have a 14" Makita chop saw it's lasted 15+ years it's up on a stand and I even made a stop for repeat cuts. I don't use the vise took that off don't need it and is way faster to just hold it with your hand. and i use The Makita wheels they cut the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk