Need Some Fab Work Done

BigD

Reaction
Alright, got myself into a pickle and i need to see if you guys can help. i got the california supertrucks coilover kit for my f150 and i need someone to weld in the hoops. i was gonna try and do it myself but i wanna make sure this thing is bullet proof when i put it on. whoever does the fab is gonna have to move the freon container and a whole s**t load of ABS equipment. its really not that hard and isnt gonna be that much work. problem is all the shops ive talked to are too busy or dont think its worth their time. im getting really frustrated, sooooo....i know a lot of people on this board have their own fab shops and i was gonna see if anyone would be interested in doing it or if you guys could recommend some other places. ill attach a pic of the hoop so you can see what im talkin about. thanks!!!! also if you guys could throw out some price ranges, i was already told 100-200 by a pretty reputable shop, and 500 by another. so tell me what you think...thanks again

Attachments

SDranger

Reaction
I think its about an hour drive from where you live, but you could try calling BJ @ Pinobuilt and ask how much he would charge. His # is (858) 271-8264. I really don't know of any other fab shops that would be close to you. You could also try calling my friend Scott at Kartek and see if he knows of any other Fab Shops that would be close to you.

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

Catawampus

Reaction
Try giving Jerry Penhall a call at Penhall Fabrication. Very professional work - (949) 650-3035 He's a great guy who has many years of experience.

1660 Babcock, Building B
Costa Mesa, Calif.
Hours 8:00 - 4:30

Good Luck

Kim

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Nothing against Jerry, but I don't think he'd really want to do it. He is a buggy guy and he doesn't really like to do trucks. We had my brother's truck done there, and I don't think Jerry ever touched it (meaning he had other guys doing all the work - most likely John Baker when he worked there). Baker has since left Penhall and started his own shop like 2 blocks from Penhall. He does trucks and is building an explorer right now. I know he is on Monrovia St. In Costa Mesa, but I don't have the addy or phone #. There are SOOO many fab shops around in So Cal. (Prep by Jake, SI, Newline, Solo, Baker, Baja Shop, PDC - just to name a couple) just start calling and asking. Steve

BigD

Reaction
from looking at the work that needs to get done, how much do you guys think it should cost????

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Go see Jaime and Jake @ Prep By Jake.
They do good work, and are right there in San Clemente. They'll probably turn it around right away for you too, so.

-Gabe