nerfing..

jimpat

Reaction
this reported from two very believable sources: Mike Doherty and Eric Record... driver and codriver in the class8 57 chevy...... we were just nicely running along when we heard a horn and immediatly after a crunch.... thanks buggy 550.... the blazer is waiting, all of its 6500 lbs............

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

jimpat

Reaction
just found out that it was an honest mistake on Gregorys part....seems that Rubens was on his ass ......so he had to pass in a hurry..... probably did not mean to hit as hard
jim

Tom_Willis

Reaction
The starting order was a little screwed up. The 7 trucks and 5 cars vehicles were scheduled to start AFTER the 5-1600 cars...... A 400 hp truck with unlimited suspension and a 5 car with a Porsche motor and bypass shocks should not be behind an 80 hp baja bug with limited suspension......

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
hey i can believe that they did that.i would like to know what their excuse was for slamming into our 9 car at Avi cause there damn sure sasn't anything behind them then!guess their horn was broke too!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Debhere02 on 07/17/02 02:42 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

punkassslacker

Reaction
I'm not trying to side with the guys who nerfed you but isn't nerfing a part of racing, sure they could have tryed to find another way around you or just have waited, we'll I don't know what I'm getting at but I guess DON'T GET MAD, GET EVEN

jimpat

Reaction
its really not a matter of getting even. It leads to bad blood and we are here to have good clean fun.
Nerfing is only for when a driver having safe space to move over and after being tagged twice still
refuses to let the other guy pass. Neither accomplishes much. The slow car eventually will be passed,
the faster car takes a chance to get damaged and DNF...... and there is the physical danger of a 3 ton
vehicle flattening a 2000 lb. car.
In our class ( 8 ) this year none of us have nerfed each other. When we see a truck come up on us, we move over and if we dont its because its not possible.
In the last race at Henderson, Josh ( 804 ) and Nick , the got milk truck and leader in points , where down with a flat. When the blazer got near them, they guided the blazer around so that we would not hit the boulders that gave them the flat. Thats what I call sportsmanship!!!!
jim

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
The starting order is arranged according to who is fastest on the course time wise. The officials will review the results and make starting order changes accordingly. Example: 1700cc 10 cars start in front of 400hp protrucks, and this is futher more supported by the fact a 10 car did finish 4th overall in henderson.

bpthirteen

Reaction
We know how they are supposed to establish the starting order. The problem in Henderson was that the starting order did not reflect recent finishing orders for a few classes. Score also has the ability to review class entries and adjust the order accordingly.

http://www.prepbyjake.com