Never Forget...

ACME

Reaction
1599839681609.png

Always remember those we lost and those who sacrifice...

green787

Reaction
Website
realsound.us
Watched the news all day..... Never once saw the building attacked or collapsed..... Future generations will think 911 was a bunch of cops saluting a hole in the ground.....

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Used to be Southern California, Good Riddance!
Green,
If future generations forget what 9/11 represents then it's our generation who failed them. In the meantime, patriotism is still strong in my neighborhood. No antifa or protests around here. Each pair of boots or yellow ribbons on the flags represent a local veteran who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country.

DF7Qgb2.jpg

MhJS86U.jpg

green787

Reaction
Website
realsound.us
DS..... I'm not questioning patriotism, especially in your neighborhood.... :) The plane crashed that carried the footage of the WWII Normandy landing.... We have 12 seconds of footage, of one poor soul being shot on the beach..... They play it over and over..... So, is it some sort of misdirected "respect" for the dead, that we don't show the attack on the buildings???? I don't get it..... How can we REMEMBER and NEVER FORGET, something that they refuse to show us...????

sb4pro

Reaction
I for one will NEVER forget I’m reminded all the time of the fear and concern in my mother’s voice when she called me from New York State Police headquarters where she worked . The place was an absolute nightmare as they watched on tv got teletypes across their offices and sent officers and personnel to NYC .

Bro_Gill

Reaction
My sister was in DC visiting her fiance's father. They were suppose to be eating at the 'Top of the World' that morning before they flew back to SF. He wanted to sleep in. Lucky Karma Kismet? A couple days later, they rented a car and drove back to the west coast. My sister said it was the saddest thing watching all the people walk home from work that day through the city like zombies.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
I was living in Vegas @ the time getting ready for my flight to Reno just got out of the shower & drying off in my bedroom with the local morning show on the tube when the second plane hit the towers.

This Just got real

I sat down & watched pondering WTF?

jon coleman

Reaction
i was building footings for Wier const.on a new school in National city, sent home and watched , then went to store for lotts of alcohol( back then thats how i " solved" problems)

Attachments

• 20210911_080738-1.jpg
    20210911_080738-1.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210911_080909-1.jpg
    20210911_080909-1.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210911_080825-1.jpg
    20210911_080825-1.jpg
    761.8 KB · Views: 0

Josh 8

Reaction
I saw sitting on a tailgate in Bloomington Ca watching scrapers flopping dirt listening to the radio in disbelief.

Tube ride

Reaction
I had just moved up to Salt Lake City from Vegas got a job doing stone masonry up in park city and a apartment next to university of Utah, my plan was to snowboard my brains out and enjoy the Winter Olympics then get out after that winter, but after the attacks the shuttered construction economy kept me poor and it took me a extra year in SLC to escape Utah .

Tom_Willis

Reaction
I was in a highrise in Koreatown in downtown LA, watching the mosque/school behind us while they were removing all their computers out the back door; loading them into a dumpster in their parking lot. Meanwhile, LAPD posted two officers in front; the detail ended up being there around the clock for a week. Did LAPD bother to investigate why the mosque suddenly did this? You already know the answer.

critter81

Reaction
I was in Raleigh on business and I was visiting printing companies. I then left on business towards myrtle beach south carolina going south on I-95 I was stuck in traffic near fayetteville, home of Fort Bragg. I remember listening to the local radio station and military members were getting out of their cars (wifes were driving) running along the freeway to get back to Bragg. Individuals were on the side roads calling the radio station telling them where they were so service members could jump the guard rail hop in some random persons car and that person would take them to the base.. I watched as service members kissed thier wifes good bye sprint down the side of the freeway jump over the guard rail hopped in someones truck and went back to the base.. It was surreal...Locals with trucks would fill up the back of the bed and then drive off..

Josh 8

Reaction
I was in a highrise in Koreatown in downtown LA, watching the mosque/school behind us while they were removing all their computers out the back door; loading them into a dumpster in their parking lot. Meanwhile, LAPD posted two officers in front; the detail ended up being there around the clock for a week. Did LAPD bother to investigate why the mosque suddenly did this? You already know the answer.
Wow

ACME

Reaction
20 years ago today I was in NY on business. I'll never forget that day and my thoughts and prayers are with all those that we lost, their families and loved ones...

Klaus

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction
Some girl called me that morning and I rushed to the TV to see what is what. Glued to the tele-lier and listening to the same experts telling me more or less nothing the video feeds self explain I stepped away from all screens that afternoon and went outside for a walk. The world seemed forever shattered and changed and now 20 years later I still feel the same. For me there is one world pre 911, 2001 and one after similar to the world before covid that will never ever come back to whatever we are in right now.

Over the years I have looked into every conspiracy angle explanation of what happened that day that I could get my hands on. It has changed how I perceive reality for the better or worse. Hard to eat sausage once you see how its made.

I very much appreciate every volunteer worker that day/month and also every re-actionary guy that then joined the military to make some form of difference in the story. Again for better or worse and I may agree or may not agree with all the military re-actions that came from it. The 10s of thousands of additional lives lost because of it. The trillions spend and made by someone. What I do appreciate is that some guys stopped talking/day dreaming and went into action that ultimately affected their own life in painful ways.

Dwelling on the past on what could and should have happened has value if it leads to better decisions for the presence. However there is a point where we need to move on from revenge and hate. No matter what we shall never forget the past though. Our dark history and September 11 is one of those days of opportunity where we own it to those younger generations that where not present to share the story and its impact it had on the world. That is what todays holiday represents to me. A reminder of a dark day of our history, to honor those that have paid the ultimate price and to let it be a lesson or two so we don't repeat it.

Josh 8

Reaction
Klaus, find a old video of building #7. They have all been pulled off the web but if you can find one it will show the roof imploding from the center and windows blowing out prior to the 3rd collapse no one talks about now. Full on straight up demo job.

Mind you building 7 was not that tall and never got hit. Never got hit!!!

I am now on the radar. If I go silent it means there is more there! Be strong young Skywalker.

kyle_pc_75

Reaction
@Tube ride I was living and working in Park City, going to school at the U, small world.

I walked into the high school to do a student teaching assignment, and saw it on the TV thinking they had put Die Hard or something on (which I found odd). I remember the physics teacher saying, "I bet it's Osama Bin Laden," a name I had never heard in my life before. We saw the second plane hit, watched the first tower fall. One of the students' dads was working in the Pentagon. It was all so surreal.

It sure would be nice to see the country united again.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
My boss at that time was a Connecticut born ex-steelworker who had worked in Manhattan (including on the twin towers) back in the '70's. His nephew was enlisted in the army and was informed (while flying from Germany on a military plane) that his father (my bosses' brother) had been killed while at his office in the tower. My boss "suddenly" stopped being an east coast liberal that very moment.