New 1nsane map

Vicconius

RDC Crypto
Re: New 1nsane map 4

Here's four, the run from Coco's through the wash to El Crucera. All three variants work, day, morning/sunset, & night, as do they on bc1ks3 also (forgot to mention that in the three release).

Here's the link bc1ks4

Here's the overview

bc1ks4.jpg

and last but not least, the extremely crappy obligatory You Tube video :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;3dbBL-sAV24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dbBL-sAV24[/video]

enjoy :cool:

There is a five in the works, but nothing so far beyond that.

Advertising supports this site

Vicconius

RDC Crypto
The Coyne D/L from that site included a trojan virus, be careful. My anti-virus caught it, so it was no big deal.

If you'd prefer, here's a few of my favorite TT's & C1 cars, including the Coyne 1nsane vehicles & stuff.

Also included is a copy of my data file which includes the dust fix and the stone textures (fixes white looking rocks in Cal city & baja maps).

One little trick I like to do since I enjoy racing with four other AI cars (Insane mode of course).

Make three new folders inside your insane/data/vehicles directory.

Name them TT, C1, & other. Place all current vehicles into the 'other' folder. Place eight of your favorite TT's into the TT folder, C1 into the C1 folder ( you can make as many as you'd like, just keeps them sorted). Before I race, I take out only the cars I want to see in the race and drop them into the insane/data/vehicles folder. Sort of a round about way of controlling what vehicles line up next to me.

Vicconius

RDC Crypto
Vicconius, the Danzio class 1 is AMAZING!!! Thank you

Don't care too much for the sound file for the Danzio, but the handling and speed are among the best. Been driving the JimcoV10, a bit more tippy than the Danzio but still fun. I've always been partial to the Luis Jr/FitoC1, it's just so fast and furious, not to mention the spectacular high speed cartwheels it can do.

So I have been working on 5, which by timeline should be run at night. So far I have a lot of rough silt beds transitioning into rocky, hilly, pine forest type terrain.

Been experimenting with the silt beds, my first attempt was to try and get the water color to blend with the ground, because the resistance and power sucking attributes are similar. It still looked like water, so I next tried setting the water color to 0 0 0 0 RGB & transparency, which doesn't render the water at all which is good, but the splash and water sound is still evident and I haven't figured out how to change it or disable it. Most of them are in wider areas, but it's still best to try and drive the edge where it's shallowest.

The hilly part is working out pretty good, there's a lot of big airtime without launching the cars into orbit. The crest lines are on the face of the big up hills and not so much near the top, so your getting the big air while still going up the hill and the landings don't waste your car or get you all out of shape.

All I have left is to finish is the texturing (I'm getting to hate this part) and the objects placement. Perhaps another week and I can have something ready.

Vicconius

RDC Crypto
Baja stage 5 has been on my PC for months now. The track was close to being done when I kind of burnt out after slamming out the first four, then work picked up, so it has been sitting idle. However, since the most recent 500, I have been encouraged to finish it up and get it out for you guys.

I've changed a few things also that should make it even better and I'm still not satisfied with a decent looking silt section, although I think it's going to stay and you all will have to use your imagination :p

Been working on it a little bit everyday and the map is nearing completion, look for it soon here.

Vicconius

RDC Crypto
Baja 1000 Stage 5 is here. Get your download below...

bc1ks5

Overview of map

bc1ks5.jpg

Last but not least, the crappy you tube of the track in action.

[video=youtube;Nezc_MYW4Oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nezc_MYW4Oc[/video]

Enjoy :)

al_bisig

RDC Crypto
Baja 1000 Stage 5 is here. Get your download below...

bc1ks5

Overview of map

bc1ks5.jpg

Last but not least, the crappy you tube of the track in action.

[video=youtube;Nezc_MYW4Oc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nezc_MYW4Oc[/video]

Somebody buy this guy a drink, can't thank you enough. Another great track, love the rollers at the end of the lap. So much fun.

Vicconius

RDC Crypto
hey where can i download this? I have a mac computer???

I have been working on a little tutorial for installing 1nsane, so I finished it up and posted it here.

I don't think it works on a Mac system, but if you have the Windows thingy working on your Mac, it should work there. Not sure about the directory system on the Mac, so I may be of little help in that department.

stretch104

RDC Crypto
Thank you very much for keeping this game alive by once again creating amazing maps like this!!! And yeah i second the rollers toward the end of the map, awsome! Very fun and challenging track, some of the whoops can kick you into a pretty nasty end over end situation. takes alittle finesse.
Come on guys theres gotta be more that 2 people still playing this game, give the guy some credit......

Vicconius

RDC Crypto
For my friends at RDC first.

Don't know why I went ahead with another stage to the Baja 1000 series maps, but I did. Had some extra time so I whipped out stage 6.

Starts in the pine forest where stage five finished. Works it's way down to the ocean and along the beach before heading into some long sand whoop sections. It has fog effects so make sure you have the fog option turned on.

Here is the overview...
bc1ks6.jpg

That's not a lake in the middle, it's actually the ocean. I calculated the ingame rendering distance and made this 'lake' big enough so that it does not render the shore on the other side, thus looking like the water goes to the horizon.

Here's the crappy you tube

And finally, the download link is here.

Last edited by a moderator: