• Forum membership has its advantages....

NEW 2017 WILDCAT W/ ROBBY GORDON SUSPENSION

JoeyD23

NEW 2017 WILDCAT W/ ROBBY GORDON SUSPENSION

ARCTIC CAT INTRODUCES SECOND ROUND OF 2017 ATV & ROV MODELS
New Wildcat X and Wildcat 4x Models with RG PRO Suspension and Chassis Improvements; Plus All-New Alterra 300 ATV

Minneapolis, Minn. (Sept. 16, 2016) – Arctic Cat continued its foot-on-the-gas approach to new ROV and ATV model introductions by releasing its second wave of new-for-2017 models, including the new Wildcat X and Wildcat 4X models featuring the all-new RG PRO rear suspension as well as the re-designed value-priced Alterra 300 ATV.

Three new Wildcat side-by-sides headline the latest 2017 model releases: the two-occupant Wildcat X EPS and Wildcat X Limited EPS, plus the four-occupant Wildcat 4X EPS. All three models feature an entirely new RG PRO rear suspension package that was designed in partnership with racing legend Robby Gordon and aimed at professional-level riders who demand the ultimate big bump off-road performance.

The innovative X models also feature new race-inspired ROPS cage; KING aluminum gas shocks; custom cast-aluminum KMC wheels; and a host of chassis improvements for pro-level performance. The results deliver the most capable off-road machines available, with custom features and pricing that exceed previous standards.

High-value and low-price are the hallmarks of the new Alterra 300 ATV, a redesigned machine that blends full-sized features, durable engine performance and rugged Alterra styling.

These four machines join the six new models introduced in June for yet another unprecedented rollout of new models in a single season. Arctic Cat now offers 30 class-leading machines for all categories of off-road work and play.

“We’ve expanded our 2017 line of Arctic Cat dirt products to provide the most innovative technology, maximum performance and class-leading value,” said Greg Williamson, Arctic Cat Chief Marketing Officer, “And we’re not done yet! These models and subsequent machines will continue to deliver the ultimate off-road experience to every enthusiast.”

shockerfmx

For the price point I think AC just nailed the entry level 1k market. Lots of value there with full doors, awesome tires, awesome shocks, best factory cage on the market... still could use a hp boost but for the money you can't beat it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

baja619

The SST Races at the Sand Sports Show featured a few Arctic Cats racing against Cheek and some other fully built / raced out RZRs.

I went on Saturday and had a great view of the both the front stretch launchers. There were two lines and separate consecutive jumps w/ landings for each line to create a rhythm. The RZRs and I assume their pilots were not enjoying the the landing in the last rhythm, at all. Pretty much a full case and hard impact.

The Arctic Cats would just eat it up lap after lap. It was pretty impressive actually. These Cats seem like they have a real total package platform where you dont have to dump tons money and upfit a truck load of after market parts.

JoeyD23

The SST Races at the Sand Sports Show featured a few Arctic Cats racing against Cheek and some other fully built / raced out RZRs.

I went on Saturday and had a great view of the both the front stretch launchers. There were two lines and separate consecutive jumps w/ landings for each line to create a rhythm. The RZRs and I assume their pilots were not enjoying the the landing in the last rhythm, at all. Pretty much a full case and hard impact.

The Arctic Cats would just eat it up lap after lap. It was pretty impressive actually. These Cats seem like they have a real total package platform where you dont have to dump tons money and upfit a truck load of after market parts.
Remember that the Wildcats that Robby, Sheldon and the others were racing weren't "exactly" the same as the off-the-showroom floor models that will be sold. I think those cars have quite a bit more suspension tuning and time on them set up for this racing.

With that said, I did see the same as you. Considering how much faster the RZRs were than the ACs, it was impressive to see how well RG and Sheldon can wheel those things.

shockerfmx

With suspension tuning in Crandon I was faster than most of the field in my stock h2 motor... I'm waiting till spring for the XX... the X3 will be the low man on the pole

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk