• Forum membership has its advantages....

New 2019 Honda Talon 1000X & 1000R

RedRide

I honestly can’t believe how off the mark a company this size could be. The design is functionally and aesthetically atrocious. Why not consult with the 5 largest aftermarket UTV companies or race teams to get some direction. They have a lot of work to do...

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Dezertpilot

I honestly can’t believe how off the mark a company this size could be. The design is functionally and aesthetically atrocious. Why not consult with the 5 largest aftermarket UTV companies or race teams to get some direction. They have a lot of work to do...

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert
I think you are wrong. I make good $, Im not sure I would drop 30k on a Can-Am ever. If these come in at 20k or below then Im game, I think they look great, what I especially like is the parallel twin motor that is derived from the Afrika Twin motorcycle. The 1000R model that has 17" and 20" travel is a winner IMO, just think what the aftermarket will do with.

johndjmix

ADVERTISER
I think you are wrong. I make good $, Im not sure I would drop 30k on a Can-Am ever. If these come in at 20k or below then Im game, I think they look great, what I especially like is the parallel twin motor that is derived from the Afrika Twin motorcycle. The 1000R model that has 17" and 20" travel is a winner IMO, just think what the aftermarket will do with.
Show me a brand new car/truck under 30,000 that can do what a can-am Maverick can do at the speeds it does it.

Doesn’t exist. $30,000 is a bargain for what you get.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Dezertpilot

Show me a brand new car/truck under 30,000 that can do what a can-am Maverick can do at the speeds it does it.

Doesn’t exist. $30,000 is a bargain for what you get.

—John

I'm sorry I'm still not paying 30k for a Can-Am, I think they are badass I really donbut b it ain't chump change either. Where did I say anything about its capabilities? Also 30k PLUS even more $ to build it up, these things are rediculous!

Zambo

The comparable CanAm to this car is more like 20k. Looks like the Talon has some cool features. Really interested in learning more about the trans. In any event, its great that there is another competitor in the game. In a world where Polaris, CanAm, Textron and Honda are competing to build the best car, the consumers are the winners.

Total Loss

Just paid 18600 OTD for an 18 Wildcat XX. I will add quite a few goodies of course to add to that total.
I will have a LOT of fun going fast and slow...and a warranty.

Of course not as "fast" as an XRS Canned Ham...but I did tell my buds to add a rear bumper for the "rough" stuff...
And I have a boatload of coin left for goodies.

Total Loss

Carson City Nv.
I did have to pay another $52 for a Kali green sticky. ($18680 OTD with all fees and a spare tire/wheel)
Long drive but worth it.

Not sure if they have any more.
My brother and I bought 2 of their last 3 stockers.
Pick up day.jpg

Total Loss

Included 7.1 %- there local tax. I am at 7.25. DMV here didn't charge me any more because they were so screwed up I think they let me slide.
Should have been an additional .15%- minimal

Total Loss

Talon "R" is going to be waaaaaay more than that...and I didn't want to wait any longer.
Watch the video of the passengers through the rough stuff. This car will float compared to the Honda.
"The Honda needs suspension work" was the quote I got from someone that claimed to have tested it.

jeff

I'm sorry I'm still not paying 30k for a Can-Am, I think they are badass I really donbut b it ain't chump change either. Where did I say anything about its capabilities? Also 30k PLUS even more $ to build it up, these things are rediculous!
Buy a brand new 2018 "narrow" Turbo Can-Am X3 for less than $18k. Upgrade the intercooler and flash the ECM to get the 172 hp. Take the garbage stock suspension off and replace it with aftermarket. For a good chunk south of $30k you can have a very nice X3 that's built up where it needs to be.

Aloha

Total Loss

Yeah that is pretty hard to pass up. How did that taco do towing it?
Real nice drive up...HARD drive back. I've towed my Rzr many times with it. I does ok. But this is 500 lbs more.
I had a heavy head cross wind about 1/2 the way back...needless to say- 2nd gear on some of the big hills.
It's a 4cyl 5 spd 4x4...solid bulletproof truck. Just not a tow monster. Bought it to tow behind my motorhome.

RedRide

You lost me at “I think they look great”. The beauty of the modern UTV’s is that they need very little aftermarket products/modifications. This thing would need an immediate makeover.

Finally the style doesn’t cost anymore, just need the right people providing direction, which they are lacking.