New addition to the family

Chris

Reaction
This is the truck I was talking about a couple months back. My brother and I are building it to race MDR. Hopefully we will be ready for the Lucerne 300 in september. The only major component left to buy is the front shocks (damn those things are expensive!) oh ya and bumpers, doohh! It's a simple design with a strong motor so hopefully we will finish a race or two. :)

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
will you race it in Class8 or 14xx ?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Is it just me or is it crooked? Looks good other then that.

Kris

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.csupomona.edu/~kjhernandez>My Web Page</A>

Chris

Reaction
When it's driven in reverse for more then a couple of feet the i-beams do strange things to the camber of the tires. But the thing is definitley built straight, we've gone over the whole truck in the past couple of months. Klaus regarding class, it doesn't have plates so can we run 14__ ? We are following the class 8 rules as far as setup, and that's what we plan on entering. We would definitely be more competitive in the prerunner class but we will see. What's the usual MDR class 8 crowd look like? Are there many trucks that enter it?

Tyson

Reaction
My first race was this last MDR race last weekend - so I'm not sure how the whole season goes. But, I believe there were only 3-4 class 8 trucks that I saw (there may have been more). But good luck.

You may beat me in the flats, but watch out in the whoops! ! !

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Hi Chris,

You hae a good start.

For those that don't know. This truck used to belong to Rick Sieman. Before that it was in the hands of Artruro Lizzaraga. I believe that most of the fab work was done by Carlos Iribe and, or his sons.

PJCinLV

Chris

Reaction
Hi patrick, you got the history correct. Rick is a cool dude! The day we picked up the truck we hung out with him pretty much all day and he gave us a lot of good racing advice. He even helped us get it across the boarder. That's cool that you recognized the truck.

Jimmy8

Reaction
If the work was done by the Iribe's, then it has to be first class.

"On A Mission"

Ryno

Reaction
Pat-

Super Hunky used to pre-run? I thought he was strictly a bike big guy. I guess I've been reading the months columns on ORC a little too often....Dope truck though, have fun Chris!!

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

mgobaja

Reaction
He actually used to even race in a class 4. We used to run Baja Promotions races with him. He ran an OLYMPIA beer sponsored bronco in the late 80's and early 90's

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
He used to race Class 4, 6 and 8. He won his class one year at the 1000.

He writes columns for us each month and will be an announcer at the AGP in a few weeks.

Cheers

PJCinLV

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Pat, does he still sell his book "Monkey Butt"? I bought a copy for my dad many years ago but haven't seen anything on it since. Just wondering>

BRAAAAAAAAP!

jimpat

Reaction
welcome aboard Chris...
run class 8 with the truck.... there are usually 5-6 trucks at the MDR race, all a bunch of nice guys.
We usually help each other if needed, so you wont be in a dog eat dog type of thing.
The trucks all most all the same speed, so there is not a guaranteed winner, everyone has a chance....
There is a lot more banging at MDR than in SCORE, I dont know why.
We ran the Laughlin race last month and did not have a scratch, last week, Josh K at the MDR lost the complete rear of the truck body.
It seems that the buggies do not have patience in passing. In the rough they are faster so they think they should be able to pass at any time. We found our self trying to move over to let them pass, but there was no where to move to, so they ram you on the rear.
At the Stoddard race, a class 10, ran over our hood, it cost me about 500$ in body panels.
If you need shocks, let me know.. I'll get you in touch with Ryerson, they make the best aoround and have a good price and they come out to the races and set them up.. for free.
good luck
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

WeldnFab

Reaction
Hey Chris
Looking Good!! Nice Light bar...I wonder who welded it together? hmmmmmm
Thanks for stopping by the our truck last nite, hope to see you and your bro later on this weekend maybe! Got anything else for me to Weld Up? Later Bro!

Chris

Reaction
Hey dude, I'm going to stop by on sunday around four and add some rear mounts and supports to that tire carrier. Chevy's lookin sick, catch you later.