New Arizona Short Course Racing Series

ProLite13

Reaction
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I went out to the sand drags last night here in AZ. and there was a buzz going around the pits about a short course series in the works for ARIZONA. :D:D

Several locations within 2 hours of Phoenix, Az. are in the scope.

All races will be scheduled to not conflict with the LOORRS or TORC schedules.

The classes in discussion were:

Short Course Trucks
Short Course Buggies
1400/1450 Trucks
UTVs /SxS
Karts
Bombers
Stock-Trucks (Aftermarket Kits only leaf springs no links)

Depending on the level of interest desert car/truck classes will be considered also.

I am on the information gathering side of things right now, I can't give out all details due to (confidentiality agreement) but I can say it's with some people that have the background to actually get this thing under way and they are interested in the future of the sport with the best intentions. (Not just looking to make a quick buck) but more about the sports roots, history, and the future.

"NO IT'S NOT WHIPLASH"

Lets hear some feed back on this great news please. Also if you can pass along this information to all that would be interested it would help since my out reach is RDC and local/regional only.

Trying to get an idea of car counts to help move this forward.

Email me at: penticoracing@yahoo.com if you are interested in this racing opportunity.

DP3motorsports:cool:

Ron Dalke

Reaction
Sounds like we need to talk, we already have TRP in Tucson all in place and it would be an easy add to what ever this ather group is going to try to do. I would like to see this grow in to something bigger with diferent track around AZ. safarioffroad@aol.com or call 520-850-3693

Ziggy

Reaction
Sounds interesting, especially the "stock-truck class"

I just finished rebuilding my CORR Stock Truck and will be racing in VORRA but I would travel to Arizona to race.Raced it at Crandon a bunch of times.

ProLite13

Reaction
Thanks for all the interest already just keep in mind that this promoter is most likely lurking here to see what the response is to this post.

If you have a truck / car that you want to race there will be a class to put you in most likely.

If you think you would make the trip or anyone else that you know that's not on RDC post for them as well. Lets show these guys what they can expect here in Arizona.

Thanks to everyone so far that has emailed me or private messaged me about this great racing opportunity.

There is a list being compiled with all your contact info you will be contacted first so hang in there no one is going un-noticed and as more details are released I will post them here on RDC please spread the word.

When the promoter gets things positioned with a concrete schedule and set of rules for the classes racing there will be a proper Press release put out until then this is the outlet for all information regarding this new and exciting racing opportunity.

I'm surprised the question hasn't come up yet is it NORRS? The answer is NO it's not.

Thanks in advance,

DP3motorsports.:cool:

ProLite13

Reaction
A new promoter with a racing background and a direct connection to one of the big series already underway. (confidentiality agreement only lets me go so far right now with this.) I want to let people know something is in the works for Arizona.

Are you and Dad interested in making the haul?

450grl

Reaction
I'm game! Track time is a good thing - will be waiting to hear more about this!

ProLite13

Reaction
Great news Corry can you estimate how many UTV's will be interested in this racing opportunity. Can you have them email me at penticoracing@yahoo.com

Thanks,

DP:cool:

Reaction
Appearance money instead of entry fees. Make the profits off the stands, not the track. Be prepared to loose money for several years, don't expect to be able to make a full field of entrants if you charge them to wreck their vehicles. They'll drop like flies and so will your series.

Or do like AZ promoters have in the past: fold immediately, decimate your car counts over the first year and then fold, or subsist by drawing new racers as you chew up and spit out your current ones.

baja619

Reaction
We have some sharp drivers that are looking to break into shortcourse as a wheelman.

Get something going!

MikeLeung

Reaction
Is this series different then the race series this fall in Tucson???

RPM Roland

Reaction
Appearance money instead of entry fees. Make the profits off the stands, not the track. Be prepared to loose money for several years, don't expect to be able to make a full field of entrants if you charge them to wreck their vehicles. They'll drop like flies and so will your series.

Or do like AZ promoters have in the past: fold immediately, decimate your car counts over the first year and then fold, or subsist by drawing new racers as you chew up and spit out your current ones.

Relax, DRAKE.

We're in this for the long term & we know how to treat racers & fans.
Please don't try to fabricate problems that don't and won't exist.

Reaction
Relax, DRAKE.

We're in this for the long term & we know how to treat racers & fans.
Please don't try to fabricate problems that don't and won't exist.

I am relaxed, indeed relaxed enough to point out that if my comment riled you enough to come out of the woodwork to respond, you probably have skin too thin to handle the rigors of a successful short course series. Please give evidence, and argument, of any fabrication in my post.

I know my skin was too thin for promoting a long course desert series. Good luck!

Last edited:

Dirty*

Reaction
I am relaxed, indeed relaxed enough to point out that if my comment riled you enough to come out of the woodwork to respond, you probably have skin too thin to handle the rigors of a successful short course series. Please give evidence, and argument, of any fabrication in my post.

I know my skin was too thin for promoting a long course desert series. Good luck!

NoBrakes Drake your right! you need Crocodile Skin to promote events! LOL. But i think a better way to help the situation is to throw a private message to the promoter to help them out rather then beat on them before it event starts. The AZ racers are awesome and im sure they will appreciate a series out there.

Volkspower Racing

Reaction

looks like fun< we want to make it down to one one of these days. The Nov and Dec dates are the same weekend as Lucas races, will have to see what kind of shape the cars are in after our Oct race at Speedworld.

Any word on a schedule for next season?

Would be nice to have a series here in az, will help if we can.

ProLite13

Reaction

Yes it's completely different Tucson is down south. The series mentioned here is based out of Phoenix, Az.

Things are looking good down in Tucson though and the news is great to post up here, but I think they should start there own thread for Tucson specifically as not to get the two mixed up because they are 2 seperate series for now and hopefully everyone moves in the right direction with this because I want nothing more than to be able to set an Az. local/regional schedule and go race.

Great news all the way around for Az. short course racing here we go.:D