New Article from AccuTune Off-Road: How Fox DSC Adjusters Work

*TRD*

Reaction
I've written a new article about how the Fox DSC adjusters work. They are an excellent tuning aid which allows you to dial in your desired level of performance.

How Fox DSC Dual Speed Compression Adjusters Work

Check out the article and let me know if there are any unanswered questions.

Fox DSC Compression Adjuster Article FB.jpg

Goatpoker

Reaction
Thanks Ryan. Good info as always.

Interesting, if I'm reading this right the low speed adjustment seems to have a big impact on the full range. This is expected because as the bleed increases you loose damping until you choke the bleed path. Which doesn't seem to happen on the velocity range tested/simulated

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

*TRD*

Reaction
The low speed adjustment shifts the whole curve up, let's pretend it's 25lb.
At low speed that 25lb increase is a large adjustment, say 50% of the damping if you're making 50 lb.
At high speed that 25lb increase is a small adjustment, say 1% of dampening if you're making 2500 lb.
The curve is deceiving because I cut off a lot of the magic sauce and removed units, but it still tells the story someone wants to know when purchasing or tuning shocks with DSC Adjusters.

It's also important to note that you can't just slap on a DSC adjuster and expect the same performance. Adjusters only add load, even fully open. So they require special tuning. If someone is serious about racing, I wouldn't buy shocks without them. You'll save that money in the first tuning session.

Dirty Harry

Reaction
I appreciate the info. I have never considered DSCs for my recreational/play vehicles because I assumed once adjusted I would never mess with it and good valving would accomplish the same thing (and as a result couldn't justify the added expense), but perhaps I am wrong.