New ATV?

ColoradoZQ8

Lets say tomorrow you were gonna buy a new sport atv, what would you choose and why?

I had the stator replaced in my YFZ450 and now it keeps having leaking issues. It started leaking shortly after i got it back. I brought it back, they found a pinched wire causing a slow leak and fixed it. Well its one weak later and its still leaking oil, so I contacted the dealer and one of the guys is actually gonna come get my quad to save me the hassle.

And if they don't get this issue sorted i might look into trading it in on something. even though i kinda don't want to.

Harpo

Ktm 525

trentk

I'd like to try one of the new KTM's, the dealers around here have them for 4-5k off MSRP. Aside from that I'd give the new yfz450R a look.

Although you are probably better off sticking to your yfz, they are good machines and buying a new quad due to an oil leak seems like overkill.

Dezertpilot

Every time I go to 3Bros I look at them and think what a nice machine:)

I'd like to try one of the new KTM's, the dealers around here have them for 4-5k off MSRP. Aside from that I'd give the new yfz450R a look.

Although you are probably better off sticking to your yfz, they are good machines and buying a new quad due to an oil leak seems like overkill.
That seems like a pretty smoking deal what are they charging for the 525's?

trentk

I have heard you can get a 525 for under 8000 and it comes with $1500 in KTM cash or something. I heard another rumor that they had some for $6k seems too good to be true though.

call these guys and find out the details if you want: http://www.azmotocity.com/

Dezertpilot

I ride a bike, no need to check:)

Vtr_Racing

Tho Honda700 is nice. Practically speaking though, the Honda TRX450r is the bike to have. If your riding in the desert or some MX/GP races, this bike is versatile and there are a ton of parts available for it, aftermarket and stock parts. Im not saying anything bad about a Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki or Kawi. All great bikes. From a practicality standpoint, your not going to be disappointed with a Honda 450r.

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
I can't wait until more of you guys get a chance to ride the 700 with the independent suspension. You will wonder why you didn't switch sooner.

The only spot I would choose the Honda 450 over the 700 would be a moto-x track.

I second the IRS idea. I ride and race the Polaris Outlaw IRS and when they are set up right they are awesome in the desert. I've never ridden the Honda.

jfracerzr

i really like the feel of the yfz. i have a honda right now though.....
i think the irs is the best out in the desert. i havent ridden an irs quad but it seems to work out in the desert

BajaFand

I would get the YFZ over the KTM. KTM's seem to be very nice bikes but not for the price, a little overrated. Plus it's not easy to get parts for them. If I had to buy a new bike I think I would seriously be looking at the new Suzuki's.

Dezertpilot

I would get the YFZ over the KTM. KTM's seem to be very nice bikes but not for the price, a little overrated. Plus it's not easy to get parts for them. If I had to buy a new bike I think I would seriously be looking at the new Suzuki's.
Eric KTM's are just as easy to get parts wise as any other bike.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Eric KTM's are just as easy to get parts wise as any other bike.
x2 you can order anything online :D

and as for what quad you should get umm i say get a bike :D:D:D:D

ps yea im a bike guy:cool::cool::)

ColoradoZQ8

x2 you can order anything online :D

and as for what quad you should get umm i say get a bike :D:D:D:D

ps yea im a bike guy:cool::cool::)
eh, if i was gonna buy a bike(especially my first) it wouldnt be new. Infact i've thought of buying a bike, but buying something dirt cheap from the early 90s that'd just be fun for doing MX track.(since i live 10min from a dirtbike only track) Or pick up a DRZ/XR650L for the same basic purpose w/ street legality.

Anyhow we'll see what happens. The Service advisor/manager(not sure on his offical title) dropped by tonight and picked up my YFZ. Pretty kickass of the service shop to go out of their way like this. The guy suspects that the pinched wire may have damaged the gasket. And after they get it sorted out they're gonna deliver the atv back at my house.

ADTR14

So far I'm lovin my new KTM 450xc. As far as performance goes its right at the top and I feel its very competitive as a stock machine compared to many others, but for reliability I'm not sure on that yet.

All these sport quads have their strengths and weaknesses its just a matter of picking which one you like and addressing its short comings.