New ATV?

Magellan

Reaction
I can't wait until more of you guys get a chance to ride the 700 with the independent suspension. You will wonder why you didn't switch sooner.

The only spot I would choose the Honda 450 over the 700 would be a moto-x track.
So is your 700 open for test rides at the next D38 race?? I would love to try one out!:D

Elk Hunter

Reaction
I can't wait until more of you guys get a chance to ride the 700 with the independent suspension. You will wonder why you didn't switch sooner.

The only spot I would choose the Honda 450 over the 700 would be a moto-x track.

What About the San Felipe 250? Could you run that race faster with a straight axle? Just wondering.

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
well to sort of bring this back to its original topic check this out.

So i finally got my ATV back. They had it for a few days and it never leaked on them. So this morning(5 days after the dealer dropped it off) i went outside to install the kill switch and its leaking again. So tomorrow its going back to the dealership for the fourth time.

I'm gonna be pissed if they don't get this sorted by oct. 10/11(next vorra race)

450grl

Reaction
I have ridden the KTM525, the Honda 700, and several others.....and I have to say the YFZ450R is hands down the best sport quad I have ridden to date. Yes, I own one, but that's because I think it's the best sport quad to date - lol! The Honda was OK, but it was just......dare I say.....boring? The KTM525 was nice - reminded me a lot of my YFZ450.....but the suspension was nothing compared to the YFZR suspension and I didn't care for the feel of the plastics much. I have been running factory suspension since I bought my YFZR, and I still think it's the best suspension you can find on an OEM machine. It's amazing on the MX track, and it's just as great in the desert/trails as well. Just my .o2.....

Tundranation

Reaction
Tho Honda700 is nice. Practically speaking though, the Honda TRX450r is the bike to have. If your riding in the desert or some MX/GP races, this bike is versatile and there are a ton of parts available for it, aftermarket and stock parts. Im not saying anything bad about a Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki or Kawi. All great bikes. From a practicality standpoint, your not going to be disappointed with a Honda 450r.

Ditto this ! TRX450r reason ? it's a Honda ! :D enough said. :D

jfracerzr

Reaction
Tho Honda700 is nice. Practically speaking though, the Honda TRX450r is the bike to have. If your riding in the desert or some MX/GP races, this bike is versatile and there are a ton of parts available for it, aftermarket and stock parts. Im not saying anything bad about a Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki or Kawi. All great bikes. From a practicality standpoint, your not going to be disappointed with a Honda 450r.

i was, hondas arent as great as everyone thinks..... dont get me worng there good quads but i dont think there the best

TYLER WOOF

Reaction
I have been running factory suspension since I bought my YFZR, and I still think it's the best suspension you can find on an OEM machine.

I beg to differ. ds 650 stock suspension is pretty plush, feels like a 650cc couch:D.That is if you dont mind lugging around a 500lb couch. haha

TCRAFT

Reaction
Lets say tomorrow you were gonna buy a new sport atv, what would you choose and why?

I had the stator replaced in my YFZ450 and now it keeps having leaking issues. It started leaking shortly after i got it back. I brought it back, they found a pinched wire causing a slow leak and fixed it. Well its one weak later and its still leaking oil, so I contacted the dealer and one of the guys is actually gonna come get my quad to save me the hassle.

And if they don't get this issue sorted i might look into trading it in on something. even though i kinda don't want to.

Visit Planetmoto.com or call them it looks like your from colorado if so they are in Montrose....Great shop and baja racers too

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
well i think the issue has finally been resolved. The shop took it back and kept it for 5 days and it didnt leak a drop. Then they were cool enough to drop it off at my house.

So we'll see what happens, i've got it all setup and there is a small race this weekend.

mpower

Reaction
raptor 700 . everything else i ride dosent handle or have the power . i had no problems with mine with probably an easy 100 hours on it, untill a rock ripped the front suspension out from under me. thats the only thing i would change about it , id get rid of the front aluminum arms and get something less fragile.

07FJRog

Reaction
raptor 700 vote here also. I would like to try out a honda 700 though to compare.

450grl

Reaction
The Honda 700 with IRS doesn't even compare to the Raptor 700 W/O IRS!! One word for the Honda - BORING!!! Raptor 700 is an amazing machine......

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I love my 2009 Outlaw 525 IRS. WAY lighter than the Honda, KTM power and great suspension for the dez. :)

07FJRog

Reaction
The Honda 700 with IRS doesn't even compare to the Raptor 700 W/O IRS!! One word for the Honda - BORING!!! Raptor 700 is an amazing machine......

nice to know Corry. dang I miss my 660 rappy :(

mpower

Reaction
nice to know Corry. dang I miss my 660 rappy :(

i have a 660 now and its a pile of **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** compared to the 700. cant wait till i can afford another 700 . i like the ktm 525 too but i hate dealing with carbs , i never had as much as a hiccup from my yamaha fi system