New Banshee???

cleartoy

Reaction
Heard Yamaha is puttin a new Banshee out with V twin 500cc 2 stroke puttin out 80hp stock. Anyone heard this?

SByota

Reaction
I work in at a Yamaha dealership and I havent heard anything. With the growth of four-strokes though I find that kinda hard to believe. First it was the R1 engine in that wild snowmobile then in the FX140 waverunner. I would expect to see a YZ450 engine in a quad before a new two stroke. I ask the sales guys tomorrow though.

cleartoy

Reaction
Just some jerk at my work was tellin me. Don t know if he made it up or what. Thanks though.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I seriuosly doubt it its like sbyota said they a cracking down hard on 2 stroke's if anything they would design a new engine but 4 stroke, banshees have used the same engines since the original back in 87'...Mike

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Yeah, sure is a shame too. 4strokers are nice but I still love my 2 stroke.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
From what I have heard is that the banshee will probably stay the same, they haven't changed much since the start, only the horibble j arm setup from the start. There has been a call latley for the yz 426/450 motor and the honda 450 motor for the last couple months on the swing arms. Plus the bikes the bikes continue to win. The industry is slowly going treehugger

desertratt

Reaction
its a bad rummor. both honda and yamaha are working on sport 450 for release some time next year.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Oh it wont be long. You will have your chance to bring you 4 stroker along and give it a go against the old 2 stroke.
. Be sure to bring some really thick goggles though, lmao........

dunerking

Reaction
I know this really doesn't relate to what you guys are talking about,but have any of you heard about the 96 decibal law that is suppose to start in a effect?If that is true all the four stroker people are going to have a problem.Those four strokers are damn loud!

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
ya they changed the rules again I have a 02' banshee it was a red sticker now its green beccause its a 02' if so now 03' and newer will be red stickered?? and you bike cant be and louder that like 96 decibles? what the f$%* is going on?....Mike

sirhk100

Reaction
California is a Joke, that's what's going on... They can't make up their mind on crap. I got an '03 bike that should be red stickered but I went around the damn system and got a bike with a vin number that triggers a green sticker in DMV so they can't screw with me...

Khris