• Forum membership has its advantages....

New BFG race tire?

Short Bus

Bryce Menzies posted this photo the other day. The tires don't look like any of the previous race tires. Anybody here anything about these?

swiftracing5

Pretty sure this the tire that wilson has been testing on their 1s since last summer. Looks a bit different, but overall similar

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

NIKAL

Many TT's were running the new Michelin / BFG at the Mint. Menzies, Rob Mac & Voss were a few I saw running the new tire. I believe Lofton and a few more will be on them at the Laughlin race. Heard the 39 "Project" tire was being discontinued.

notime

NTR Films media guy
This are the wilsons, looks like more a Dakar tire kinda peugeots and minis

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1461133695.956486.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1461133707.951186.jpg

notime

NTR Films media guy
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1461133846.423832.jpg
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1461133859.036522.jpg

Another 2 pics this ones are at start baja1000 I think last year

Dezertpilot

MADMILLER

I know bfg had armin do the 39 inch tire testing when they changed pattern...bryce and rob mac should have been the ones to do it .Bryce said he didn't like that it didn't have any vertical grooving to keep it from sliding excessive...He did state he loves the new 40 12.5 tire and it is gonna be a game changer.

Baja Tracking

I know bfg had armin do the 39 inch tire testing when they changed pattern...bryce and rob mac should have been the ones to do it .Bryce said he didn't like that it didn't have any vertical grooving to keep it from sliding excessive...He did state he loves the new 40 12.5 tire and it is gonna be a game changer.
Get the 40x12.50 on a 4wd Trophy Truck and you'd be set! I'd think a 12.5" width behind high HP would just lead to a lot of wheel spin.

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
I'm pretty sure Eugino/Armin were the first to run the 40" tire at last years Baja 1000. I think everyone will be running them soon, they just make sense for a TT.