new bike

evan_clanin

Reaction
some of you guys who ride might wana put this on ur wish list

Literally a Viper engine on wheels, the Tomahawk concept reaches 60 mph in a mere 2.5 seconds.

This is the wild one. Imagine a 500-horsepower Viper engine on wheels. No chassis or body, just wheels. That’s the Tomahawk. Wolfgang Bernard, outfitted in the requisite leather jacket, drove this concept onstage.

This 4-wheel motorbike is a mechanical sculpture, with nothing but outrageous performance in mind. Weighing only 1,500 lbs., the Tomahawk can reach 60 mph in just 2.5 seconds. Top speed is estimated to be around 300 mph, but that hasn’t been verified. Yet. When Dieter Zetsche, president and CEO of the Chrysler Group asked if this vehicle would ever be produced, the response was “maybe,” which is more than many other automaker execs would have granted.

ps... its a solid bullit aluminum frame weighs in at 1500 pounds, 4 wheel independent suspension, v 10 engine 505 cubic inch, 500 hrp, 2 speed gear box, 5 into 1 stright pipes on each side

Can blind people be dyslexic when they read Braille?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
A few years back I saw a bike chassis that housed a small block chevy. It went from 140-190 in 3 seconds!!! The chassis was around 150k...I dont know why though. It was on discovery channel or something like that.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late"

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
MMMMM, nice wide flat tires. when you lean a little there goes your contact patch and traction. To me the thing looks unridable with those tires on it. You wouldn't be able to turn at anything above walking pace.

Bryan_D

Reaction
Is it just me or is there two front and rear tires so maybe it will turn easier. It is like that BossHog bike that has the small block or big block in them just with some future styling.

Jeep this Oval Boys

mxjeremy

Reaction
No, with the wheels that close together, flat turning like a car is only possible at 5mph. You must lean to turn, and if they set up the independent suspension correctly, this bike should let you do just that. Imagine the tires on the inside of the turn in compression and the tires on the outside on droop. This is opposite of what a car naturally does in a corner. To set the bike up for this you need to turn in the opposite direction that you want to go first, then the bike will lean the direction you want to go, then you use the steering/gas to keep the bike turning on the radius you'd like. This is the way it works on a 2 wheel bike already (minus speedway bikes). Even a bicycle works this way. The concept seems strange at first, but it is very valid. It is also so natural that you don't even notice you are doing it.

The only other way to turn would be to get the bike up on the 2 inside tires. This is possible, and also very fun on a quad. I can ride for days on the side 2 wheels of a quad, and only about 100ft on only the back 2. Strange.

late.

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Check out this Chevy. Can you say bad a$$.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://autoshow.msn.com/autoshow2003/article.aspx?xml=Army>http://autoshow.msn.com/autoshow2003/article.aspx?xml=Army</A>

The SmarTruck II on display was fitted with military equipment including a guided missile launcher.

<font color=red>"BIG TYMERS is a state of mind... If you gonna do something, do it big time."</font color=red>

Attachments

Ryno

Reaction
Kris-

Those frames are actually produced. They are called the "Boss Hoss". It's essentially a Harley frame widened to accept a 350. Ches Bushey used to build some stuff for them. They're insane...and good luck picking it up if you tip it...it weighs about 1100 lbs.

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.