New BITD 7100 Rules

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
I'm not done fighting the battle. . .7s is dead at BITD, but there is a way to maintain a balance for the new 7100 class.
Nutshell of what I proposed:

Door slammer
Stock V6, no forced induction
80" for Mini Trucks
90" for V6 Full Size Trucks
18" rear travel Measured metal to metal at full droop.
Stock steering rack/box concept and location
Stock pivot points including radius arms
Flipped Shackles OK (although I still don't run them)

The kit companies WILL move some jigs and some CAD around to build kits and WILL support the class. This plan will make it both budget/racer friendly AND manufacturer friendly.

Also, any 7s/old 7100 trucks that want to race would still be competitive, but there would be a new breed of racers that want an affordable class that doesn't make your chiropractor rich and want sponsorship from aftermarket companies.

7s ranger

RDC Crypto
I would much rather race my truck as is, but if this will bring more trucks and money so be it! but this 80" track width! I'm at 71" with my stock beam 85 ranger! i would be better off parting it out into an a-arm truck! only way I'm going to get any where near that width!

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
Yes, but the thing that the beam guys sometimes miss is that a 71" beam truck can pull as much travel at a lower ride height as an 80" A-Arm truck. The beam guys will still be competitive well under the width limit, but A-Arms have been at a disadvantage for years. you CANNOT get more than 10" of travel out of stock width Ranger arms. . .but you can certainly get more than that with beams. Quite a bit more.

tofarnorth

RDC Crypto
Well I am sad to see the demise of 7100 as it was. I was probably one of the few building a new 7s truck. I sold my 1600 and my sons 9 a couple of years ago and started this project and now I have some parts collected I wont need .
But I am excited to change it into a more "cushier" ride my old buddy Jeff Howe and I where talking at the Mint and he said I have gotten to old for a 7s stiff *ss ride.
I will start building my new beams this weekend and I have a full size 9 inch .Time to fire up the plasma because Vegas to Reno will get here fast....

P.S. anybody need a brand new set of Camburg 5.5 springs ?

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
I'm not done fighting the battle. . .7s is dead at BITD, but there is a way to maintain a balance for the new 7100 class.
Nutshell of what I proposed:

Door slammer
Stock V6, no forced induction
85" for Mini Trucks
90" for V6 Full Size Trucks
18" rear travel Measured metal to metal at full droop.
Stock steering rack/box concept and location
Stock pivot points including radius arms
Flipped Shackles OK (although I still don't run them)

The kit companies WILL move some jigs and some CAD around to build kits and WILL support the class. This plan will make it both budget/racer friendly AND manufacturer friendly.

Also, any 7s/old 7100 trucks that want to race would still be competitive, but there would be a new breed of racers that want an affordable class that doesn't make your chiropractor rich and want sponsorship from aftermarket companies.

I have seen the light.

Bro_Gill

RDC Crypto
For full size trucks, what about the straight 6? aka Ford 4.9? Tons of them out there, gonna be legal? Or the 5 cylinder Chebbies? And what would the rules be on 4 cylinder trucks for motor improvements? Even then, I am still all for pump gas.

RickB

RDC Crypto
7s Ranger- to get to the 80 inch width or close to it, with your beam truck couldn't you add some +4.5 inch Camburg or other manufacturer beams? Or if your beams are still the early beams just extend them yourself?

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
The reason for the full size trucks entering into the mix was very specific. It has now passed. . .for the better.

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
I would have been better off not starting this thread. I'm just going to wait and see what BITD does and make my choice from there. If I could figure out how to delete it I would. . .

tofarnorth

RDC Crypto
I'm posting in this thread because this is not about the death of 7s it is about the birth of a new pro 2000 class..
I for one loved the old 7s (that is why i was one of the few building a new 7s) and when this whole thing started all I was looking for in the rules was bent beams being legal.
With that said as this thing has unfolded I am raelly liking the idea of the new 7100 rules package and i was glad when Daryll called and gave me the final outline.Now I can get back to work on it.
For those that think it is a new class you are totally wrong all of the other orgs run a class that these trucks will fit into (it may not be pro yet) But think about this a guy can build a new truck go race it in snore,more,or hdra as a sportsman work the bugs out and then go race bitd as a pro and if this class grows in bitd hdra will make it a pro score /hdra class..

See you guys at Vegas to Reno

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
OK...since this is a completely different thread than the "7s" thread.. .which has taken on a life of its own. . . (I do agree with the guys that say that the current 7s/sx guys should come out and race to keep it going!)

BUT. . .I love racing in BITD

BITD has stated that there will be no 7100 class in 2014 unless there are rule changes that result in increased truck count.

So. . .has anyone heard the news? What's the latest?

We are ready to commit to a reasonable set of rules and build our truck to them (or slightly below depending on how extreme they are).

GMS739

RDC Crypto
My plan is to show up with my 7sx ranger to the Vegas to reno in August cause it one of the races I've wanted to do but haven't done due to funds or time but it time . Hope to see you all in Vegas .

djblakely

RDC Crypto
Website
www.TeamXterraRacing.com
I got a call from Darryl last night and received my update. He and Casey have met and discussed this now. He said Casey will be posting the amended/new class rules on the BITD website this week. We all just have to wait.

Casey ask for us to send in a letter of intent, with driver of record name, truck number and what races you intend to run in 2013.
I would include some build info as well. Like what manufacture truck it is and what rules you are built to.

Example;
Dave Blakely #7112
'05 NISSAN Xterra (SUV)
Former 3100, converted to past 7100 rules.
4000lbs. race ready
Rear travel - 19" (57.5" leaf)
Front travel - 12" (A-arm, custom upright, coilover)
Shocks - 2 Bilsteins 2.65" per wheel
Rear track - 74" (outside of tires)
Front track - 76" (outside of tires)
Track bar design - (wishbone)
Motor - factory VQ40 (4.0L)
Trans - factory 6spd manual
Rear end - factory DANA 44, 4:56 w/spool
Wheels - factory package and offset

I intend to race V2R in 2013 and one other not yet decided. 2014 plans; PARKER 425, MINT 400 and VEGAS to RENO.

OldGreen

RDC Crypto
I heard that there will be an official release for racers to comment on from BITD in the next few days. . .It will be nice to get some closure so each team can make a decision.

djblakely

RDC Crypto
Website
www.TeamXterraRacing.com
The new rules are posted on BITD.COM

Class 7100 Rules - these rules are revised rules. You have 30 days to respond, (deadline June 1) by email only with your positive or negative comments (comments in writing only, please do not call.) The rules will go into effect on August 1.

http://bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/ss300/Class_7100_Final_42213.pdf

milestonemotorsports

RDC Crypto
I read the updated rules I also sent an email to bitd the only thing I have an issue with is the open track width I can just picture someone showing up with a 102' wide track width I thought 80" seemed fair

djblakely

RDC Crypto
Website
www.TeamXterraRacing.com
Darryl feels he can control it with keeping steering box/rack stock in stock location. Also see... Tires must retract inside fenders. Fender opening may be enlarged 3". Must retain factory body lines. Must pass BITD approval on a truck to truck basis.

tofarnorth

RDC Crypto
Rules look good ....Only question I have is what length are the chevy leafs ??
and I guess they went with no coil overs ??
Can't wait for vegas to reno