• Forum membership has its advantages....

New BITD Freq. Why?

Kartman

Media Goon
According to a press release this morning BITD will have a new freq for 2016.

From the PR
Use frequency 152.960 for Radio Communications for 2016.

Im just wondering why? Something wrong with the old freq?

powerbox_builder

Yes throwing a wrench into our Parker plans as our whole team (Los Campeones members) have been using our club frequency for almost 30 years, and had plans to use it, as always, at Parker.

y2kbaja

Going from WM/PCI to Rugged as communications.
Aren't freqs "owned"? Who owns 152.960?
I need to get my manual out and learn how to program.

Fourstroker

Confirming what y2kbaja said. This was announced at the Parker 250 riders meeting. Boo IMHO!

Chew369

They announced at the Parker 250 that Rugged Radios has a new relay called Rugged Radios relay to basically do what the weatherman does in Baja on this frequency 152.960

AZ7000'

I need to get my manual out and learn how to program.
And a programming cable, software, PC not a mac..... Sort of a forced stop by Rugged. Hopefully they have programming cables and can walk out to every chase truck to help!

mgobaja

This could cause some issues, teams that have legit emergencies will go to the long time BITD freq, or Weatherman, not Los Compeones, if they even have it in their radios.

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
The Los Campeones frequency, 152.960 is already in almost every P C I Race Radio! It is channel number 8 and is automatically programed unless the customer dictates otherwise.

biggjim

BITD is still using their normal channel, Rugged is using the 152.960 as a relay channel. They will be using that channel at every BITD event this year (per the drivers meeting)

powerbox_builder

upload_2016-1-18_16-52-44.pngThe licenses are issued regionally and paid for 10 years at a time. The only racers/team/club that I know of that actually paid for a license was Los Campeones, ours is for the Southern Nevada area. Technically all of us are using the 2meter band illegally. But it is such minimal usage that I really don't think anybody cares.

johndjmix

It's actually very easy to get a license from the FCC and have your own frequency.

For us it Comes in handy for business use during the day around town and especially when 4 wheeling or testing products out in no where land where there is no cellular.

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

swiftracing5

Isn't rugged the same company that was directing web traffic to their site with a fake PCI web address a couple years back?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Fourstroker

They have everyone fooled. I refuse to even say their name

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Just to clarify, if someone has an emergency and comes up on the normal 151.490 / BITD Channel 6, All staff will be monitoring it at all times. We are simply trying to relieve some of the radio traffic that is clogging the Keith, our relay operator. So status checks and general chat will attempt to be transitioned to the Rugged channel. Klaus will have to weigh in on which of the channels will be the one that is web broadcasted.

Kartman

Media Goon
Just to clarify, if someone has an emergency and comes up on the normal 151.490 / BITD Channel 6, All staff will be monitoring it at all times. We are simply trying to relieve some of the radio traffic that is clogging the Keith, our relay operator. So status checks and general chat will attempt to be transitioned to the Rugged channel. Klaus will have to weigh in on which of the channels will be the one that is web broadcasted.
The PR need to be rewritten then. As it reads the new freq will be the only BITD channel