• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Board

Tony_Barraza

Klaus and Boyz - CONGRATULATIONS on the Dezert People 2.0! The new board is way cool, and I hope it is successful in attracting quality posts and discussions from all over the industry. Thanks for your efforts!

Stan

Klaus, great work. COK5 has the same setup and it kicks butt. Glad you went to this, maybe it will keep the riffraff out.

Stan

"I love donuts. My arse is bigger because of them; but I'm not a Five-O."

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Just want to echo the previous posts and add that keeping people out it won’t do, keeping the discussion on a more professional level it will do.

Shaun

Mark Newhan

Klaus and Boyz - CONGRATULATIONS on the Dezert People 2.0! The new board is way cool, and I hope it is successful in attracting quality posts and discussions from all over the industry. Thanks for your efforts!
Found this old thread... Tony Barraza was looking for "quality posts and discussions from all over the industry"... Just thought that some thread sidetrackers and smack talkers could see what the "Hope" was back on 4-1-2001. Guess it was to much to ask, hehe

Think about it! This was from another time... back before 9-11... How things have changed

Also note what RDC "shaun" was predicting...

Sheaco

[video=youtube;i_gQOfF0Ymo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_gQOfF0Ymo[/video]

9rocky

All hope is gone...

hotdogwater

Not sure why all the censorship is good. Since you already have a four letter word filter, why so much policing and banning. And the hidden forums for the elite, more content means more ad revenue. Seems a little much.

I am in internet marketing so I have a little knowledge in this area and most of what RDC does goes against the grain. The long URL (misspelled too), required approval for new accounts, multiple moderators with differing opinions on what is ok or not ok, etc... Technology has made most of the issues these rules were probably put in place for go away. Most large forums police themselves, the community will jump in when posts are flagrant, out of line or untrue.

I applaud some of the characters on here who speak their mind. mawtrophycart, Pete (who says he's permanently banned) and others who don't hold back. I for one will miss Pistola and his rants, least I can here them on FB where you have a choice to pay attention or not. Here I get the homogenized version.

At least it's a safe place for the children to play.

/rant

Klaus

Administrator
Good post. Let me explain some of what we are doing.

Censoring. We have relaxed our censoring a bit since its beginning, like you said there is a filter in place.

Moderation. Not easy. In any even forums that have zero moderation generally suck and don't appeal to me personally. Why would we want that here? Too much moderation makes people feel like they being watched. Once you lower it though the trolls come out.

Banning. People get banned for picking cyber-fights, name calling type of stuff. The latest example is Pete who did it repeatably to other forum members and to the entire site from pirate4x4 and maybe his facebook.

Approval process. Initially we did it to filter people out. I am not very comfortable with it and from a marketing stand point you are right, we are missing on a lot of sign-ups. I constantly question its effectiveness and we are open for a new process. One thing it does is it keeps the bot signups out of the main forums. We get about 1 signup every minute that is not a human and between us deleting them and our automated filtering you don't see them here. If anything they are stuck in the hello my name is section. 60x24x7x365

We appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming.

motoxscott

Klaus and crew keep up the good work !!! I don't think people really understand what goes into managing a successful website at this level and size. Those that thought they could do it bigger and better their way and tried ... well those sites aren't around and never progressed into anything other than a registered domain name.

Don't confuse not allowing people onto the site that are disrespectful, telling lies and constantly creating negative drama for no reason that have been warned over the years as "extreme censorship". You wouldn't allow someone into your own home to verbally abuse you and be disrespectful to your family so why is this anything different? Why do some believe in double standards? To read childish one sided remarks on other websites about this shows the true character of those people.

Once again great job Klaus, Curtis and everyone involved for giving us the opportunity to have a website like this. Without RDC who knows if Fast-Aid would be around, etc etc. Many great things have come from here in my eyes.

- Scott

Score 44

<font color="DarkOrchid">Think Strange</font>
Klaus, As one of the OG's on here • why is RDC so slack on member ►info◄
so many only list a nick name only • & no home town etc. I thought the whole idea ▬ was for
everyone to be accountable • so many profiles on here are a ►joke◄

shrek

I like it guys and always have............I appreciate that you "step in" when you need to............and leave it alone otherwise.

I also appreciate that you grandfathered in my awesome signature..........although my truck needs a new paint job and number.........

Shrek

mawtrophykart

Klaus can we get a page to try fantasy racing, maybe w a few ad spots?

Klaus

Administrator
fantasy racing. I like that. If there is a simple plug-in for that I'll go for it. Is there a racing forum that has this feature?

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
I don't know that all of the RDC viewers know that Klaus personally drives to the Baja Observatory and sets up the Weatherman Relay live for all to hear and spends many hours of his time making the relay work for the peninsula run, setting up listening stations in several cities. He is definetly a large star in the off road community. Now! How can this large star configure RDC to not accept totally non positive comments, irrelevant garbage and totally non-sensical Bullpucky from appearing on this forum? Freedom of speech be dammed, this is a private forum and as such, can be censored by any of the moderators. THE THREE CEES, don't critize, condem. or complain!!!! If you have a legitament challange/complaint or observation, apply it in a positive note!!!! Keep everything on a positive note and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR

Jerry Zaiden

I don't know that all of the RDC viewers know that Klaus personally drives to the Baja Observatory and sets up the Weatherman Relay live for all to hear and spends many hours of his time making the relay work for the peninsula run, setting up listening stations in several cities. He is definetly a large star in the off road community. Now! How can this large star configure RDC to not accept totally non positive comments, irrelevant garbage and totally non-sensical Bullpucky from appearing on this forum? Freedom of speech be dammed, this is a private forum and as such, can be censored by any of the moderators. THE THREE CEES, don't critize, condem. or complain!!!! If you have a legitament challange/complaint or observation, apply it in a positive note!!!! Keep everything on a positive note and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR
Well said!