New Bronco @ this years Baja Mil with Cameron Steele.

PaulW

The story about the new bronco issues

Moss2

Easy to sideline the plays made but I give the whole team huge credit for making it happen. I don't think we will see any new blazer prototypes out their flogging it very soon. Would have liked to have seen a finish but being a manufacturer you cant really follow the KISS principle and test all your cool stuff. Their was no lack of people or equipment that's for sure, wow! Coordinating a big group that doesn't normally work together can be a little chaotic. Keep after it FORD!!
( I hope our t-fluid got you a few miles further)

Last edited:

usmcgunrock

Easy to sideline the plays made but I give the whole team huge credit for making it happen. I don't think we will see any new blazer prototypes out their flogging it very soon. Would have liked to have seen a finish but being a manufacturer you cant really follow the KISS principle and test all your cool stuff. Their was no lack of people or equipment that's for sure, wow! Coordinating a big group that doesn't normally work together can be a little chaotic. Keep after it FORD!!
( I hope our t-fluid got you a few miles further)
But you do see a factory Chevy pick up out running races in the desert. This “Bronco” is a Raptor frame (which the factory bronco will have the Ranger frame) that has been linked in the rear and a custom one off fiberglass (maybe what the bronco will look like) body on it. The only thing that you could call factory bronco would be the motor and trans. We run a factory F150 motor in our class 7 truck but don’t call it a F150.

Don’t get me wrong, it is a cool car and it was nice seeing the group they pulled together to race it. But don’t try and pull the wool over our eyes and say it is a factory prototype bronco. Just say we are trying out the motor and trans or something. And don’t say you finished when you trailer it almost half way. But then again they also drove the factory Raptor down the highway so it could finish the Baja 1000 it raced and called it a finisher also.🤔

Moss2

But you do see a factory Chevy pick up out running races in the desert. This “Bronco” is a Raptor frame (which the factory bronco will have the Ranger frame) that has been linked in the rear and a custom one off fiberglass (maybe what the bronco will look like) body on it. The only thing that you could call factory bronco would be the motor and trans. We run a factory F150 motor in our class 7 truck but don’t call it a F150.

Don’t get me wrong, it is a cool car and it was nice seeing the group they pulled together to race it. But don’t try and pull the wool over our eyes and say it is a factory prototype bronco. Just say we are trying out the motor and trans or something. And don’t say you finished when you trailer it almost half way. But then again they also drove the factory Raptor down the highway so it could finish the Baja 1000 it raced and called it a finisher also.🤔
You are correct I did not mean any disrespect to the Halls running actual production based Chevy trucks. Hopefully they can get to a point multiple manufacturers have similar entries and get some direct competition going. The BroncoR definitely did not finish in my mind to be clear. Hopefully we don't see any press suggesting otherwise.

Bro_Gill

The whole thing was weird from when it went public. There was almost no promotion until -SURPRISE!!!-" We are racing the New Bronco at the Baja 1000!!!" a couple weeks ago. And it wasn't anything like the new Bronco. At best it looked like a reworked fiberglass body from an old Class 6 Cherokee. The stupid marketing arms trying so hard to get their finish and win in a 1 or 2 car only class built just for them really hampers the day to day racers already sporting these manufacturers products. Did Ford contact the Mosses to see if they wanted to run a 'Bronco' in Class 3 where it belongs?

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Supposedly it's aimed directly at that 4 door jeep looking thingy everyone on the planet has been buying for the last 8 or so years & bolting on everything from the evil eye headlight cover on front to 2 gas cans, 1 water bottle, 1 spare, cooler, and a chrome hy lift Jack on the rear. Then lifting it 8" & bolting on a set of 37" tires with a 3.5 V6 & 3.50 gears thus tipping the scales at a svelt 4800lbs I'm impressed.....yawn

That being said if & I mean IF Ford plays the hand they delt themselves ethically not spinning any exaggeration on how well they did at the 1000 it should sell very well & put a major dent in jeep sales & creating a complete new market of bolt on crap for the Bronco people to polish before going to the mall (if anybody still does)

The cool af thing about the Bronco is HOPEFULLY it's going to have the 3.5 Ecoboost engine or at least the 2.7 & electric lockers as options that would be one very fine ride to have in the driveway for us non conformat types that actually build our toys & not go nuts buying worthless bolt on crap anybody can "Bolt on"

jon coleman

im bronco biased,20191126_202712-1.jpg but the ads will be in Other markets around the world, headline; FORD BRONCO is BACK in Baja!!'(picture of bronco on finish line stand, Ford nevers actually says 'finisher')

Last edited:

BoothPacific Films

...IF Ford plays the hand they delt themselves ethically not spinning any exaggeration on how well they did at the 1000 it should sell very well & put a major dent in jeep sales & creating a complete new market of bolt on crap for the Bronco people to polish before going to the mall (if anybody still does)
they'll be matte or powder coat and you won't have to polish it before heading to the galleria.

bajaford

communications manager states in article they pulled the plug at rm580 at 8:30 at night. Hmmmm. I doubt it.

Chris_Wilson

BTW, my Kudos to Moss Bros in their 40 year old Bronco was not intended to dis the factory effort but rather to shine light on the outstanding record and performance of the Moss Bros year after year in the toughest of conditions (starting near the back each race) and almost always finishing and winning.
Trust me when I say they are tough to beat! It all seems so easy from behind the keyboard.

flyinbronco

BTW, my Kudos to Moss Bros in their 40 year old Bronco was not intended to dis the factory effort but rather to shine light on the outstanding record and performance of the Moss Bros year after year in the toughest of conditions (starting near the back each race) and almost always finishing and winning.
Trust me when I say they are tough to beat! It all seems so easy from behind the keyboard.
I agree Chris. I meant no disrespect to anyone on the Bronco R project. I have great hopes for the new Bronco and I applaud Ford's efforts and they're tribute to Rod Hall. Sorry for the hijack I was just excited for the Moss Brothers.