New Bronco @ this years Baja Mil with Cameron Steele.

Anger Issues

Tough to beat is right! Great job team Moss! I was hoping you would give the new Bronco a bit of a black eye (being Geiser-built)... but I would have liked to see it finish, in hopes some more donkeys might be caged and come race Class 3 soon! I heard rumors of a "spring 2020 release"... Once they claim 5000 have rolled off the line (or 500 :eek:), I'm sure most of us would welcome them in Class 3 with open arms!!

I am VERY surprised at their start position however... What was SCORE thinking? They, and the "boot" must have been passed by about 200 cars, trucks, and sxs. 4th group off the line? Say what??

jon coleman

motorsport factory suport is here today , gone yesterday, they aint doing it for a cheap plastic sportsman cls trophy that ends up in the back of the garage, they do it to sell on monday, what ever the story is they will print what sells ( story is just that, omitt certain facts, print others) so the fact money is comming into any offroaders program is sweet gravy, oem involvment is a good thing,i could care less if the biggest joke car co. wants to race bk1, they would have my Full support, oem involvement seems to spread around to the whole offroad community in a beneficial way.

retroblazer

I haven’t raced any Ford products, but for last 30 years there hasn’t been another truck manufacturer that has put more money in off road racing.
Clearly the Bronco R was a relatively low buck promotional project. All they have to do is finish to claim a victory. It’s hard to imagine that we will see this car next season.

Anger Issues

Hey Raffo... I guess it's all relative, but you think if hiring PAB to run the show and paying Geiser to build a one-off Bronco given certain suspension "concepts" was a LOW BUCK project, I wanna know where your Blazer TT is!! Ha ha. Don't squash my dreams, I hope someone buys it and/or brings it to the races once production starts. God knows we could use some fresh blood in Class 3. Next year is point-to-point big guy... I hope your batteries and walnuts have a good year!!! (BTW, I need a couple for the trolling motor on the jet boat... batteries, not walnuts 😂😂).

streamline

Racer magazine article. Bronco article is on page 3. Not to flattering

NIKAL

Considering this was a “Factory” effort, its seemed pretty hokey and not taken serious. Maybe is was a quick cash cow for those involved? Why so many drivers? Why is it Cameron who was hired to run the program and also driver of record, why was he also part of the Team C Chevy TT and also part of the DA 14 TT? Seems hard to be 100% in the Bronco R project when your also part of two other teams for the race. And then it was said he was already home when the truck was taking its photo ops at the finish with the rest of the team. Maybe he would not have allowed the podium display and finisher flag to be draped on the hood if he was there? Im also surprised Johnny Cambell would be apart of that.

How is this a factory program and yet they dont have a spare transmission? Then Ford throws Geiser & the rest involved under the bus, blaming thin skid plates as to why they could not finish!

pdailey

Racer
Racer magazine article. Bronco article is on page 3. Not to flattering

I thought the podium interviews and photo ops was pretty lame. That space is reserved for finishers IMO. Sorry and I don’t mean to offend all my friends involved with this project. They should have known better.

PeteRock

That is super LAME!
Unfortunately that is what this sport has slowly turned into. Sponsors care more about likes and followers than actual results. Seems as if the majority of teams are more and more about marketing than actually racing. We have been joking about this term, that has become a perfect way to sum up what has been happening., we went from Baja 1000 to Instagram 1000. Just saying that makes me very sad and feel a little depressed.
By the way this is not the first time I have seem something similar happen at the finish line of a Baja race.

jon coleman

That is super LAME!
Unfortunately that is what this sport has slowly turned into. Sponsors care more about likes and followers than actual results. Seems as if the majority of teams are more and more about marketing than actually racing. We have been joking about this term, that has become a perfect way to sum up what has been happening., we went from Baja 1000 to Instagram 1000. Just saying that makes me very sad and feel a little depressed.
By the way this is not the first time I have seem something similar happen at the finish line of a Baja race.
theres the answer to another thread question about new racers not prepared for real motorsport, Instagram drivers ....

fishd00d

What A Joke
I agree the finish line stunt was not cool. Especially because they did it right in front of the Baja Boot which actually finished the race in their same class! I was disappointed in a lot of the guys I saw up there including JC and Curt Leduc who was driving it at the "finish". I wouldn't have thought guys like that would pull something like that. You could have got the same press by not doing that and not pissed anyone off in the process. I really think PAB would not have gone for that if he was there.

Zambo

I wasn't there, don't know what the scene looked like. I find it hard to believe any of the known racers involved wanted to make it seem like they finished or anything like that. I believe what the Ford people wanted was to have the car on hand as a backdrop for the announcement that Ford is sponsoring the SCORE series next year. Sounds like the execution left something to be desired.

BajaFand

I wasn't there, don't know what the scene looked like. I find it hard to believe any of the known racers involved wanted to make it seem like they finished or anything like that. I believe what the Ford people wanted was to have the car on hand as a backdrop for the announcement that Ford is sponsoring the SCORE series next year. Sounds like the execution left something to be desired.
So is Ford actually sponsoring the SCORE series in 2020?

Jkrell

Moss Bronco is very tough to beat, which is why it felt so good to pass them heading up the summit, and why it was so crushing when they passed me with a broken spindle on the side of the road heading into Ojos. Haha, felt like the good 'ol days for a minute. Congrats to the whole Moss team on the great Baja run!

Regarding the new Bronco, I drove the Boot across the finish line and it was definitely a bit of a kick in the teeth to look up at the podium after our hard fought finish and see the Bronco there. I'm a huge Ford fan (3 or 4 vehicles in the driveway are Fords) but it was a poorly thought out move. Marty Fiolka summed it up well in his article I thought.

Anger Issues

Yep they said for 3 years starting in 2020
So, who has more details on this Ford sponsor business?? I originally built my Bronco in 2001 because Ford was paying $10k to winners in BITD, even in Stone Stock Full SUV. I never did collect a win before they pulled out, so I switched to Score Class 3. I hope Ford doesn't choose to support (pay) only "new Fords", but it wouldn't surprise me at all... it would be too embarrassing to get beat by a TTB :eek:) Although the reality is... any contingency will likely be in TT and TT Spec. The general public doesn't even see any other classes any more, and lets face it, Scores TV program has sucked arse for a while. "The greatest races nobody ever sees..."

jon coleman

Trailering to the finish and putting the car on the ramp is crap for any reason.
sorta like today at pb point, got One wave,(set,5ft ish), knee sucks, crashed& burned, paddled aroung for awhile,went in and walked around tourmaline parking lot w- my 9.0 skip fry like i was sooo cool, actually I felt stupid....edit; poseur's suck