New Car By Kreger Fab

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Hey Guys

We took the new car out testing last weekend. For being right out of the box everything went excellent and the car worked awesome. We are now going to prep it for the Baja 500. As you will see from the picture we still have some work to do on the body panels and roof. What a great car Derek Kreger has built!
<marquee>
<font size=5><font color=green>Pedos</font> <font color=white>Viejos</font> <font color=red>Race Team.....</font></font></marquee>
Will Higman
PRO-10#15

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Very nice looking car. We should have skunk'd it.

A man is not finished when he is defeated,
he is finished when he quits.
-- Richard M. Nixon

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Very cool! It's so different than everything else. You have some other pics and info you can post on it?

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
More Pics

Here ya go with a few more pictures we took at the test session . We still need to put the finishing touches in the cockpit etc.... What do you think?
<marquee>
<font size=5><font color=green>Pedos</font> <font color=white>Viejos</font> <font color=red>Race Team.....</font></font></marquee>
Will Higman
PRO-10#15

DMSCHASE

Reaction
Looks really good!!! I can't wait to see it on the race course.

James

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Hey Will, The car looks awesome. I did some sketches for Kregger back about 6 months ago for the body. Looks like he changed it around a little but still looks the same...kinda. Tell Kregger I said "Great Job". You racing the Baja 500?

Racers Only

mgobaja

Reaction
Very nice. It's got it's own attitude and personality from any other car. How does it handle ? Best of luck with your new toy.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
That thing looks very cool! I like it.

Go Big Or Go Home
*UBCS 4 Life*

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Great looking car. Hope to see it run in Baja..

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
i think the car looks great, i do have a question though. was any stress analysis done on the roll cagedesign? while arches present great strength in some applications, what would happen to that design if the roof were pancaked? (like the endo onto the roof). without some additional bracing, it appears it would be susceptible to some intrusion into the drivers head area. just curious, safety is important.

and the car does look awsome, nothing against it, just curious about the change in cage design.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Re: More Pics

that car is soo sweet, what are the specs, and how does it work? What series are you goin to run it, cause I want to see it at work!

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

Doug_Powell

Reaction
Dang Will, thats a really nice looking car. Great to see a new look on a fellow 10 car. Love the dash and body panels. Noticed you decided to join us aircooled 10 racers. How many revs are you getting out of the Type 4 and where is the peak torque? Are you running Kregers hubs as well, I thought his were a 6 lug design.

Doug Powell
Class 10

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
Answers To Questions

Thanks for all your interest in the car and thanks for the complements. It truly is going to be a great car. I only hope that the drivers will do it justice. I would like to respond to as many questions as I can so here is what I know.

Rory
Yes this car is an interpretation of the sketches you did for Kreger. The final design was done by Jeff at Trailer Products and Derek Kreger. The process of the body panel design on the bare chassis was amazing to me and it evolved and changed as they went. What is different about this design is the fact that the air flows around the body and useful aerodynamically. The car actually pierces a hole instead of punching it way through the air. Every little bit helps in a limited class!

Martin
To answer your question about the arched roof is easy. First of all I am not going to pretend that there were any studies done. The only thing I can tell you is the car was designed and tack welded with a "flat" roof and then we sent two top pieces out to be "rolled". There is no difference between the rounded "look" and any other flat top out there. Kreger can actually make a flat top version of this car without changing any connection points. I think that with the lack of sheet metal covering the roof during testing that it may look different but this is a standard roof configuration. The rolled tubing was supplied to us by Caltime Metal in Huntington Beach. Thank you Greg!!

Shaun and Mike
The car worked and handled better than any car I have ever driven. With the King Shocks there are a lot of adjustments that can be made to dial it in. I would say we have it about 80% of it's potential. Kreger is a true perfectionist and geometrically there is no better car out there. There is zero bump steer and the wheels stay perfectly straight up and down with no "scrub" through their travel. Some of the general chassis specs are as follows. I think the wheel base is about 118" and the front width is a little narrower then most out there. The front end is capable of 26" of travel but we have it "limited" to 24 1/2". The rear travel is set at 22". The rear floaters are made by Kreger and he has them in 5 or 6 lug. Kreger also makes all of the suspension pieces,spindles, arms etc... We have a Dave Foults built Mendeola 5 speed and a 34 gal fuel cell. We also have our first T.V. (GPS) supplied by PCI Race Radios.

Doug
We love the air cooled motor. The motor is built and maintained by Fat Performance. Ron and Greg are the best. The motor is a type IV and at the test session we had it out on Soggy Dry Lake. When the rev limiter kick in @6500rpm in 5th gear the GPS said we were going 98.6 mph.

We will be racing the car at the Baja 500. I hope I answered most of your questions.
<marquee>
Will Higman
PRO-10#15

toddz

Reaction
Re: Answers To Questions

Who makes Kreger's dashes? I saw one on a car of his at contingency in Parker and loved it.

Todd Z.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Re: Answers To Questions

Willy, I love the changes, curious to see what the roof will look like. I'll see you at the 500, I want to get a couple pic's of your new ride. Come by the "Racers Only" booth at tech and say hi.

Racers Only

scott

Reaction
Its looks good. Can't wait to see it with the roof panels and some paint on it... See Ya @ the 500 !!!

Bolca_Grande_II

Reaction
Will
Good looking car. I was at the Malibu Dan show this weekend and I did not see aything that looked as nice as this car.
Bolca Grande II