• Forum membership has its advantages....

NEW CHAT BOARD

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
RACE-DEZERT SEEMS TO HAVE DIVIDED ITSELF
OLD VS. NEW STYLE
DO YOU THINK THEY SHOULD ADD A RANDOM CHAT BOARD ON THE NEW SIDE
AND DO AWAY WITH THE OLD ONE TOTALLY?
I THINK THEY SHOULD ADD A CHAT ROOM ON THE NEW SIDE THAT IS NOT TOPIC ORIENTED!

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

REICHERT

tkr

They have one...its the General Discussion area....and you just posted on it.....hmmmm.

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

rdc

Actually, this one is supposed to be race related. I think what he is saying is to have a board where people just talk about what ever comes to mind or crap talk as to keep it out of the other threads. Speeking from experience,
I think that might not be a bad idea. I have seen other boards that do this and it seems to work quit well. It could be called “Enter at your own risk”

Shaun

Junior

No way. When Klaus sent the so-called serious users to this new board the result was a denegration of the classic board. The transition was quite natural. First of all the serious players made the move and secondly the nature of this board (no unknown posters) prevented nonsense and personal attacks. Now the users of classic feel as if the rules that once applied to them have been lifted or eased somewhat. Afterall, if you don't want to hear smack talking go to 2.0, is the mentality now. The creation of an "enter at your own risk" board would result in endless smatter and smut 24/7/365 the likes of which other boards (one specifically comes to mind) have never seen. The resulting smack forum is something the sport, the boyz and the net do not need.

Just my $0.02

Junior
EJR Racing #244

Klaus

Administrator
the classic board has still the same rules. Its unmoderated but has rules. That means we will not edit its content. Here on 2.0 we will have the official rules posted shortly and we wont have no hesitation to clip someone if that person is out of line. So far it works pretty well. No complaints have been brought to us in its first month. We have 250 registered users and more then 1000 posts.

2.0 consists of 4 main board and more private boards, some are hidden.

General board (this one) is for anything desert racing and somewhat race related. Since the subject describes what your post is all about people don't have to read it if its off-subject. If 90% of the posts are race related we are happy.

Shop, self explanatory. We hope to have a tech library build by everyone. Imagine in the long run you do a search on say 'pulling bedsides' and will find everything the 'experts' said at one point. Lots of opinions..hopefully you'll find what you are looking for.

Industry New is a board for commercial plugs. FREE to certail user today. May require a fee in the future.

Test, posts expire after 3 days. Its to try new signatures, file attachments, polls etc...We understand that this system is more complicated then the classic the deZert people. test is your playground to familiarize yourself with 2.0

private boards:

We have Inland Prerunners. Its hidden and only available to IP members.

Class9, This is moderated by Tim with f9.com. We just host it.

If you have a special interest group and want to moderate a board let me know and we can talk about it. Your club, class, special interest group, sanctioning body etc.

scott

I think the old board was good, until all the crap talking went down. This is better because you can talk tech, general,post pics, and advertising. The other board is out of control, and thats what it is OUT OF CONTROL.......

kurt

Scott - I agree that 2.0 is better, BUT the classic board still has it's place. It may be 50% crap talk but the other 50% can be and still is informative, with news, happenings and reports of whats going on. To cut down on the crap talk on the classic board, just don't respond to the crap talkers, for each of your responses to the crap talkers you are bound to get 10 crap posts in reply. Don't play their game and they won't have anything to bitch about, it's that simple.

John Bitting

Administrator
Everybody is right. The new board is good, the old board is good, There is a lot of [censored] talkers on the old board but they have been there since day one, It comes and goes in spurts, it is something we have learned to live with, These guys were unfortunately born without nuts and can handle using there own name. We have a pretty good idea who they are now and so hopefully once we expose them it will stop and the board will return civil for a couple of weeks.

martininsocal

ok-what about emails?

i was wondering-what happened t the emails? one of the ideas about this board was the ability to email detractors. if someone talks smack, you can email them and find out why they have a stick up their behind. i get aunt jemima calling me a kook about a post and guess what? no way to email them. are the hosts immune from this rule? just curious. martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

John Bitting

Administrator
Re: ok-what about emails?

Martin, people have a choice to not have there e-mail addresses present or the ability for no one to see when there online. You are partially right, but the new board was started for us to know who these people are, He has nothing to do with RDC and I have already warned him about the way he was talking on the board with a fake name. With your complaint that makes strike 2, We are listening to complaints because we want to make sure this page does not get out of hand...

Junior

One thing I forgot to mention while spewing my opinion of the creation of a new smack talk board............I love the 2.0 formatt. I am still learning to use it but enjoy it alot. Great investment, I know software ain't cheap. Is there a place to ask questions about the functions and features of this new board? Would the moderators and admin guys mind if questions were forwarded directly to them? or is there a better way to accomplish this?

Junior
EJR Racing #244

Klaus

Administrator

The FAQ should take care of some of your questions and the rest can be answered by me or John. Just shoot an e-mail and we'd be glad to help.

rdc

Junior, though for me navigating the new board is fairly simple, I have still had questions that I could not find in the FAQ so I send “private messages” to Klaus or John and they get the answers to me real fast. They seem to be very willing to help in anyway they can. And I have always said to everyone out there, feel free to e-mail or private message me too if you need any help with the new format, I'm glad to help!
But I would think twice if your thinking about posting GIF's, they can make you very unpopular with some people.

Shaun

scott

Your right Kurt, I try very hard not to, but sometimes I just can't take it..........