New Class 1?

tkr

Reaction
Anyone have any information on this car? In particular on the sliding axles?

pictures

jim_moulton

Reaction
Looks like the car paradigm was building for Billy Robertson. Was supposed to be done for last years 1000.
The C.V. s are an industrial drive shaft joints. They can take alot of angle but they do not plunge. The axle has to plunge instead.

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
I think Mckenzie's is doing the same sliding axle deal ...based off the ''tripod'' CV they use on the Indy car set up...I could be wrong what does a guy from Seattle know anyway????

tkr

Reaction
I actually found out it is in fact Billy Roberson's car. And you're right, the axles are in fact from McKenzies. Tony Tellier has a little write up about it if anyone is interested. Looks like an interesting car. I'm glad there are still people trying to do different things instead of just buying a Jimco...no offense to Jimco or their owners, they are one hell of a car.

http://www.elchineroconcepts.com/swank_new_class_one.htm

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Whats up with the shocks? Are they internal bypass or what? Weird that that they are only running a single shock at each corner, but I guess the whole car is "weird". Glad to see something new out there and can't wait to see it race!

When is it's first race?

drtdevil93

Reaction
interesting that the mounts from the lower arms to the chassis appear to be a uniball mounted horizontally. im assuming this is for the higher shear rating? i love how unconventional it all is. 2700 lbs sounds nice too.

erik

choppekx

Reaction
At one point I know paradigm was building the shocks for this car in house, and heard they didn't work, probably had Smith fix them or put new shocks on it. Car looks nice can't wait to see how it does.

Erik Irvine

Reaction
Damn who's shop is that at, I need to take a trip over there and check it out myself!

Wayne_Nosala

Reaction
The Shop belongs to Nills Castillo. Its pretty cool, on the same property his family
lives, Kinda in the mountains, even has a little stream running right near the front
entrance of the shop. Nills does a lot of motor work & has built quite a few
Pro-trucks there. He is a pretty cool dude & very approachable.
Wayne

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
I agree Nills is a great guy I first met him when he worked at the PORSCHE shop in Burbank I think...he was the "race" motor guy there........