New Class 6200 in Best in the Desert

Kilian

_
Reaction
Just got off the phone with Casey and he wanted me to pass along this information to everyone here on RDC. FORD and General Tire will be putting up some significant contingency as well. Here's the lowdown:

CLASS 6200

OPEN-WHEELED VEHICLES UNLIMTED SINGLE &
TWO-SEAT VEHICLES
SPEC ENGINE ONLY

General regulations
Class entrants shall comply with all class and applicable general regulations.

Competition regulations
This is an open class and all components will be considered open unless it states otherwise within these class rules. ONE OR TWO SEAT OPEN WHEELED CARS, NO FENDERS, SPEC ENGINE ONLY

NOTE: Independent Rear Suspension Only (No solid rear axle allowed)

This is an engine spec class and all components will be considered spec unless it states otherwise with these class rules. Engines will be spec crate engines from Ford & GM manufacturers. Engines must be sealed and tagged by Turnkey Engine Supply. Motor must be tagged prior to start of race or penalties up to and including disqualification can be assessed. Only engine kits listed will be allowed.

All engines regardless of manufacture and place of purchase must be sent to Turnkey Engine Supply in a crate from the factory of what the engine represents, i.e. Ford, GM etc… Turnkey Engine Supply will tag and seal the engine before they are taken out of the crate.
Contact Turnkey Engine Supply for more information.
Contact Turnkey Engine Supply at www.turnkeyenginesupply.com
3915 Oceanic Drive, Oceanside, CA, 92056, 760-966-2663

ENGINES-
1. General Motors LS3 V8 engine kit part number 19301326 (Rev 5/19/14) with wire loom and control pack part number 19258270
2. Ford 3.5 twin turbo ecoboost engine and control pack part # M-6000-35TK.
Special Note: Ford 3.5 turbo ecoboost engine and control pack must be purchased from Turnkey Engine Supply. All engines, turbos and control systems are to be purchased, inspected and sealed by Turnkey Engine Supply.
3. Ford 3.5 L two turbo Part # HS-382-AA, 10-Speed Transmission Part # HL3P-7000-NE
Special Note: Ford 3.5 turbo ecoboost engine and control pack must be purchased from Turnkey Engine Supply. All engines, turbos and control systems are to be purchased, inspected and sealed by Turnkey Engine Supply. Aftermarket external dry sump oiling system.

LS engines may use factory GM LS style wet sump oil pan, or aftermarket external dry sump oiling system. GM pans may be modified to fit chassis, modified pans must use stock baffling and no increase in volume is permitted. Pans must be inspected and installed by Turnkey when engine is sealed.
GM: Water pump Open to aftermarket mechanical pump, no electric pumps allowed
You may install an external oil cooler and external oil filter but must be done without modification to the engine block or oil system in any way. Oil filter adapters are permitted.
3-Quart oil accumulator is allowed.
GM Engine Only: A race quality harness is an option to use with the required GM Factory ECU. Also, Engine can have a replacement high volume wet sump oil pump, timing chain guide may be replaced with upgraded GM chain guide and an aftermarket harmonic balancer.
All must be installed by Turnkey Engine Supply before sealing of engine.

Note: The SCR abbreviations refer to the cross-reference listings in the front of this book and are part of the class rules. Where a conflict between the cross-referenced listings and a rule contained under this class occurs, the rule contained under this class has precedence.

Safety equipment
SCR1: Helmets
SCR2: Protective clothing
SCR3: Eye protection
SCR4: Neck braces
SCR5: First aid kit
SCR6: Breakdown safety devices
SCR7: Horns
SCR8: Reflectors
SCR9: Fire extinguisher
SCR10: Survival supplies

SUSPENSION
Independent Rear Suspension Only (No solid rear axle allowed)

Steering & brake components
SCR16: Brakes
Steering or turning brakes are permitted.

Electrical system
OPEN

TIRES
Maximum Tire Size 37” Tall

Fuel system
SCR22: fuel tanks
Safety fuel cells are required.

SCR23: Fuel filler, vents & caps

Transmission
OPEN

Engine & drivelines
SCR24: Engine location & displacement
SCR25: Engine replacement
No engine rebuilds are allowed. If engine fails a new engine must be purchased and tagged and sealed by Turnkey Engine Supply.
SCR27: Throttles
SCR28: Exhaust
SCR29: Driveshafts
SCR30: Flywheel shields
SCR31: Fluid coolers
SCR32: Auxiliary equipment

Vehicle safety equipment
SCR34: Rollcages
SCR35: Safety harness
SCR36: Safety nets
SCR37: Seating

General vehicle components
SCR38: Driver’s compartment
SCR39: Doors & latches
SCR40: Firewalls
SCR43: Floorboards
SCR45: Mirrors
SCR46: Skid plates
SCR48: Fenders, not allowed
SCR49: Chassis & body
SCR51: Identification markers
SCR52: Advertising on vehicles
SCR53: Workmanship

LS engines must use factory GM LS style wet sump oil pan, no aftermarket pans are permitted.
GM pans may be modified to fit chasses, modified pans must use stock baffling and no increase in volume is permitted. Pans must be inspected and installed by Turnkey when engine is sealed.

GM: No Dry Sump oil systems allowed. All GM engines will be open to any GM wet sump oil pan but must be approved and installed by Turnkey Engine Supply.

GM: Water pump Open to aftermarket mechanical pump, no electric pumps allowed
No external oil pumps allowed.

You may install an external oil cooler and external oil filter but must be done without modification to the engine block or oil system in any way. Oil filter adapters are permitted.

3-Quart oil accumulator is allowed.

GM Engine Only: A race quality harness is an option to use with the required GM Factory ECU. Also Engine can have a replacement high volume wet sump oil pump, timing chain guide may be replaced with upgraded GM chain guide and an aftermarket harmonic balancer.

All must be installed by Turnkey Engine Supply before sealing of engine.

Last edited:

racer_dude

Back2Back TL Champ!
Reaction
Well, hopefully it will bring some buggy dorks out of the woodworks.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Just what we need, another class.....

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
i find it interesting that a 10speed trans is legal........?????.....but no straight axle to connect it to....

Last edited:

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
and you thought class1 numbers were going down before......class1w will be bigger......its like tball, we all get a trophy....

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
and you thought class1 numbers were going down before......class1w will be bigger......its like tball, we all get a trophy....

Amen. Its like a bunch of whiney liberals demanding everyone find a home and get a trophy.

TRAVISD

Reaction
Remember when, if someone wanted to go racing they got the rule book and built or bought a car that fit a certain class they wanted to race in. Now anyone can build something and have there own class to race. Why cant promoters just stick to and stop creating classes.

johnnyweb

Reaction
I would have liked to of scene a Ford v8 option. Hopefully this will workout for some guys to go racing. To bad I just purchased a Ford race engine for my car. Time will tell if it works out for the good.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Wendell #527

Reaction
Same thing happening everywhere. Divee up the classes more and more. Class 5 is even giving out separate prizes for guys with stock ecotechs. Next we give separate prizes for different size shocks, tires, etc. Too many classes if you ask me, but I a lot of guys want a better chance of getting a prize, so I don't blame the promoters. It's what a lot of the younger guys want, so we might as well get ready for more and more classes.

Zac Reish

Reaction
B-Dub just creamed!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
Same thing happening everywhere. Divee up the classes more and more. Class 5 is even giving out separate prizes for guys with stock ecotechs. Next we give separate prizes for different size shocks, tires, etc. Too many classes if you ask me, but I a lot of guys want a better chance of getting a prize, so I don't blame the promoters. It's what a lot of the younger guys want, so we might as well get ready for more and more classes.

Come on wendell. Precepts Motorsports is trying to promote stock ecotecs in class 5 because that is literally what saved class 5. Yes it changed a class that was strictly highly modified air cooled engines but you can not argue that it has not saved 5. Don't knock them for being one of the most generous race teams in this sport for the sake of jumping on the crap talking band wagon. By the way why don't you come and race your 5 car? A big type 4 just won a $5,000 purse at rage at the river for the second year in a row. Yes it was LJ Kennedy so of course he won but still. Air-cooled Type 4's are competitive as ever if they stay together.

Zac Reish

Reaction
I think this is a great class By the way. Spec classes are the biggest classes in the sport now. It gives guys like myself an opportunity to race on a level playing field where talent gets more wins than money.