New Class 6200 in Best in the Desert

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
So a spec TT class got big, fast. But now a spec class one class will ruin everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ofcourse....because YOUR driver(donkey) said so........duh

dan200

#BSF200
RDC Crypto
ofcourse....because YOUR driver(donkey) said so........duh

He and I famously disagree quite a bit though.

BTW, this is the part where he's gonna remind you he beat you at the 1000.

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
All though Casey did this because 6100 did not want the Ford engine. They are the only ones that gain as they will not get their butts whooped by a an eco-boost lol. As far as this being a budget V- 8 buggy class horses arse. Cars will be almost as much as class 1s but slower and will only allow the back markers and donkeys that cannot keep up with people like Harley, Ray Griff , Hutchins , Parkhouse , Justin Davis etc. a class to race in and spend big $$$ with a chance to win and look cool. If Casey wants a budget buggy class I would think it would be something like this. A older class 1 roller sitting around 15k. A sealed ls3 used or new with ecu and harness 12k. A 4 speed H pattern Fortin or Mendi with clutch 12k some other parts and a car faster than 10 for less than half the price. Put the Fords from class 2400 in class 10 and the Ford from 6200 in 6100. This class does nothing to help anyone but Ford. Thanks 6100. PS Travis, will this buggy class with the same engine as 6100 get to start in front of them? Or also get stuck behind them in bottle necks LOL.

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
So a spec TT class got big, fast. But now a spec class one class will ruin everything?

Dano this is not a spec class come on. Its and unlimited class 1 car with a choice of two different engines. It will end up over a 120k easy to be competitive

GROVERACING

RDC Crypto
The standard eco boost 3.5 v6 is already allowed in 6100. The new version that came out for the Raptor was voted down. This class won't benefit Ford anymore than 6100 did.

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
All though Casey did this because 6100 did not want the Ford engine. They are the only ones that gain as they will not get their butts whooped by a an eco-boost lol. As far as this being a budget V- 8 buggy class horses arse. Cars will be almost as much as class 1s but slower and will only allow the back markers and donkeys that cannot keep up with people like Harley, Ray Griff , Hutchins , Parkhouse , Justin Davis etc. a class to race in and spend big $$$ with a chance to win and look cool. If Casey wants a budget buggy class I would think it would be something like this. A older class 1 roller sitting around 15k. A sealed ls3 used or new with ecu and harness 12k. A 4 speed H pattern Fortin or Mendi with clutch 12k some other parts and a car faster than 10 for less than half the price. Put the Fords from class 2400 in class 10 and the Ford from 6200 in 6100. This class does nothing to help anyone but Ford. Thanks 6100. PS Travis, will this buggy class with the same engine as 6100 get to start in front of them? Or also get stuck behind them in bottle necks LOL.
like USUAL, you have no idea what you are talking about....ecoboost has been legal in 6100 for a while....its NOT dominating, as i told everyone in the latest 6100 meeting......it wasnt voted down like some here think.....casey merely asked about the 10 speed auto being used....the majority were apposed to it but that means NOTHING.....ive been to SEVERAL meetings as ive stated before and hand raising means NOTHING, casey does what he wants....and im sure the stock ecoboost and 10 spd WILL show up in 6100 in some pile that foutz is building....big deal....without the proper truck for that set up and right builder and driver , it will not "dominate" anyone, dont get your panties in a wad over nothing.....carry on with ALL of your mis-information....DILLHOLES...:)

Last edited:

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
Seems like Ford would just offer even more contingency to run the motor/trans combo in 7200.
No rule change required.
Actually, 7200 has BETTER rules for eco boost...you are allowed aftermarket computer with unlimited tuning.... and the BIG tires.....but nobody cares about 7200....it had dumb rules from the beginning...that's why its dwindling away

Dirty Harry

RDC Crypto
Website
www.harrysituations.com
Actually, 7200 has BETTER rules for eco boost...you are allowed aftermarket computer with unlimited tuning.... and the BIG tires.....but nobody cares about 7200....it had dumb rules from the beginning...that's why its dwindling away

Wasn't 7200 a healthy class until 6100 came along?

ht racing

RDC Crypto
class 10 will be fine with or without 6200 class. you cant take a 10 car and put in a ls3. so the 10 cars that are racing will still be 10 cars racing or sold to the next guy for him to race. now as for someone building a new car to race yes i think they may build a 6200 and not a 10 car. i priced it out and a full blown 10 car with everything you need to do to win is more than a 6200 to build. is everyone in class 10 going to build a 6200? no way!

standfast

RDC Crypto
If Casey wants a budget buggy class I would think it would be something like this. A older class 1 roller sitting around 15k. A sealed ls3 used or new with ecu and harness 12k. A 4 speed H pattern Fortin or Mendi with clutch 12k some other parts and a car faster than 10 for less than half the price. Put the Fords from class 2400 in class 10 and the Ford from 6200 in 6100. This class does nothing to help anyone but Ford. Thanks 6100. PS Travis, will this buggy class with the same engine as 6100 get to start in front of them? Or also get stuck behind them in bottle necks LOL.

I would prefer to see a rule set that has more diversity and allows for more privateer involvement while leaving plenty of room for ALL manufacturers to come play. My fantasy class:

Pump gas only, no additives
No sealing of engines
Must be production block, minimum of 1000 made or whatever
Wet sump only
5.7l max naturally aspirated
3.5l max forced induction
4 forward gears max, no underdrives

Everything else open including body and tire size.

You could have a 1450 truck with a LSX/Th400 against a buggy with a ecoboost/fortin4speed against a 4WD 4400 with a 5.0 coyote or SBC. Or a 7200 with a ecoboost or LSX. All in a pro class together. Best mouse trap wins.

A class like this could dissolve dwindling classes and help put those cars back on the track at the same time with minimal costly changes. It would also open the possibility of competing for 100's of cars out there sitting around in privateer shops. None of those guys can swing a 25-30k transaxle plus maintenance and thats what winning in 6200 will require. There would be a bunch of them that can get those race vehicles fit into this rule set with very low cost.

This would be a true melting pot for manufacturers to compete on a level playing field and offer up their contingencies. Ford will have something to be proud of if they win in this class. Bending rules to fit manufacturers is not good for this sport. Everyone can see it and it makes the win hollow anyway.

Could be the most intriguing class in desert racing and easily become the largest class. I don't see anyone here jumping up and down about this 6200 class. I don't think it even poses a threat to class 1 or class 10. I thought BITD wanted more entries?

These are rules that people can understand. The rules are balanced as you can get from truck/buggy drive configuration and from naturally aspirated to FI options. The chit talking and story lines would be epic.

Everyone needs to stop worrying about going prime time. This is and will continue to be a grassroots sport. How many racers are making real money off racing in this sport? A handful? Most are spending big. We can easily reel that in ALOT and still have fast awesome competition. I can see 50+ entries in a class like this within a couple years. Maybe 100+. I don't see any other class capable of this. So many cars are already nearly capable of running. A few tweeks and their in and possible contenders. No longer destined for the scrap yard.

Am I crazy?

Last edited:

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com
Wasn't 7200 a healthy class until 6100 came along?

Yes and no. YES = The 7200 class has had about the same entries and I am pretty sure they had 24 entries in the class this year. NO= 6100s are just way cooler.

It was hanging by a thread even then.
Folks were getting tired of $30,000 grenades, I still don't believe that a crate motor is the cure all in every situation.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

I agree. Also some of the trucks that were expensive builds I feel discouraged people from even trying to compete with a more basic stock frame rail truck. I feel the class would be much bigger with trucks with stock frames etc.

class 10 will be fine with or without 6200 class. you cant take a 10 car and put in a ls3. so the 10 cars that are racing will still be 10 cars racing or sold to the next guy for him to race. now as for someone building a new car to race yes i think they may build a 6200 and not a 10 car. i priced it out and a full blown 10 car with everything you need to do to win is more than a 6200 to build. is everyone in class 10 going to build a 6200? no way!

I agree with 10 guys racing 10 cars. Class 10/1000 is a great class and many like the 4cyl power and less expense with prep etc than a 1/1500 car.

I do feel a competitive 6200 car will be just a high end 1/1500 car but with a stock LS3 or EcoBoost. I do not thick a 6200 car will be less or the same price to build as a 10/1000 car but in fact more money to build.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
RDC Crypto
Standfast, no you are not crazy, but I don't see manufacturers being interested in your proposed class. Why would they?
Oh, stir the pot a bit more with your rules and add a diesel option that would be competitive. BTW...I don't get 6200 either. My 2 pesos

Bdub 1020

RDC Crypto
Why would you. But really, you probably will be spending 120k to race all BITD races plus the initial cost of race vehicle and support items. But now you can get some of that back IF you use the Ford package. So say you want to start a new 6200 team. You spend 200k + plus 120k to race and get back how much if say you win 3 out of 6 races and the points championship. Total smart business for Ford and dumb for the one spending for the return. That's why this is a Fun Hobby. You know how you make 60 k in off road racing? Spend $320,000 lol

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
Why would you. But really, you probably will be spending 120k to race all BITD races plus the initial cost of race vehicle and support items. But now you can get some of that back IF you use the Ford package. So say you want to start a new 6200 team. You spend 200k + plus 120k to race and get back how much if say you win 3 out of 6 races and the points championship. Total smart business for Ford and dumb for the one spending for the return. That's why this is a Fun Hobby. You know how you make 60 k in off road racing? Spend $320,000 lol
you should change your screen name to "ANNOYING".............GO BUY A FISHING POLE....nobody cares that you want to race but cant afford it.....

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Budget class in dezert racing: 100k - 200k a year.

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
WildPowerSports.com
coolermods.com

standfast

RDC Crypto
Standfast, no you are not crazy, but I don't see manufacturers being interested in your proposed class. Why would they?
Oh, stir the pot a bit more with your rules and add a diesel option that would be competitive. BTW...I don't get 6200 either. My 2 pesos

I think they would be interested in winning in a melting pot class to prove they are the top dog. Right now there is interest and lobbying from 1 manufacturer. The rules are written directly for that one manufacturer. Is Ford keeping BITD alive somehow that I unaware of? I would rather see another 50+ entry class that gets hundreds of cars back into play than have Ford dictating rules and making classes that will garner a handful of entries at best. Entry fee is the same for all pro classes isn't it? How long will the class even last? I believe it would offer stability and longevity in the class. To me that would be more appealing from a manufacturer's standpoint. Ford will probably come out with a successor to this engine package and all this will mean nothing in 5 years. Then more lobbying for the new chit and everyone starts back over again with another argument about the rules.

Yeah something like a 3.5 - 4.0l diesel would be on par I believe. Options! People want to be creative and build their own thing. If you pigeon hole racers into specialty oddball classes where the rules are back in flux within 5 years it's insanity.

I personally think 6200 would be a terrible class to get involved with. For the money and longevity of the investment (haha yeah investment) it's better to race 1 or 10. Especially 10 if you want competition. If 6200 will have entries #'s like 2400. Why bother? Just take the same car, forego the engine sealing, throw some heads/cams etc at it and start in less dust with the handful of 1 cars.

Last edited: