New Class?

Littlenutts

Reaction
What would you guys think if they were to limit the street legal prerunner class? To a bolt on or kit that retains stock suspension locations for long travel kits, and a leaf spring set up for the rear. Limit it to mini trucks with 6 or 4 cylinder motors. The truck must be street legal. That way you wouldn't get guys with there $60,000 street legal TT's kicking the little guys butts. I think it would make the class more competitive and maybe better sponsors and pay back could follow. Get all of the prerunners clubs involved and you could get a good turn out for the class, you might even get allot of people who wouldn't think of racing to come out. Just a thought.

They are REAL!

frankh

Reaction
If you want to race trucks that all fit a spec race 1200,7s,7,8s ect or if you want to race just a certain group then compare your time's at the end of the race.The rules are basic so anyone can come out and race. And It does not matter because there is no payback. I don't remember any $60,000 dollar trucks out there. My wife truck cost $9,000 and she has raced and had fun for three years now. Don't turn the class into something it was never meant to be.

Littlenutts

Reaction
I am not trying to make the class into something it's not. I got the idea from the Jeep speed I was looking for a more affordable way to race that people who don't have the big dollar trucks or even the low dollar trucks would be more comfortable racing in. And I am aware of the fact that there is NO pay back I was saying if you were to have a class like his you might spark some interest in all of these companies who make kits to sponsor the class. They might also start offering complete race kits for this class and you might get more racers. All I am trying to do is to see if there was such a class would more people be willing to come out and race in it verses the existing anything goes 1400/1450 class.

They are REAL!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Littlenutts on 01/21/03 04:32 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
I say leave it as it is, the class to me if I raced it would be more of a just for fun, alot of people have decent prerunners that meet the specs, but why try and race class 1 TT or 7 open and get your A$$ handed to you when you can go up against another truck with a stock 4 or 6 cyc. the class is not fair thats for sure but it looks like alot of fun....Mike

<font color=red>The dump you take is the gold I make so I can afford to play and race!</font color=red>

prerunner68

Reaction
I think that would be B*** S***!
Just because someone is driving a full size prerunner they cant race?
How many of those prerunners do you see racing out there in that class?
Are you racing that class or are just trying to stir more crap up like the 7s fiasco?

prerunner68

Reaction
EXACTLY!!!!!
Its either that or 2 or 3 different prerunner classes.
Just what the sport needs.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Jesus guys, go easy on him! All he is doing is just trying to get more people involved in racing. While I might not agree with him either, lets not jump all over him.

See ya in the dirt!

Clifford

Reaction
How long would a bolt on kit last in Barstow? That's just the risk you take. I'd say someone wouldn't be thinking wisely if they were to race a 60,000 truck in the prerunner class with no payback.

I like the idea of someone trying to generate interest in our sport rather than to find ways to highlight the negative aspects. Great thinking, it's just to bad the idea couldn't become reality.

Tyson

Reaction
Well I disagree with making the prerunner class an only bolt on kit due solely on the fact that I just got my truck back from getting a whole new custom center mounted front end done.

Clifford. Dan vance and Jon are both running Duffco bolt on long travel kits and they are racing the prerunner class just FYI I know Dan is going to race all season but I'm not sure on Jon.

Look at me, I can fly

Check It</font color=red>

Clifford

Reaction
When someone says bolt on kit, I think of RCD, Fabtech, Pro Comp among others. Even though you physically bolt on the Duffco kit, it is more of a custom kit rather than a simple bolt on.

Marshall

Reaction
I might be wrong, but i think the old La Rana had a stock class that was bolt on kits only or stock. and the kits shock mounts couldn't be attached to the cage. Two woman used to race a ranger with a sperlift kit and a fullsize old school ford with a Sprit kit. Anyone remember the old days?

DesertCreations

Reaction
You guy's need to calm down and crack open a frosty one!! He just saying Yes its a pre-runner class but it would be nice to keep the class half a$$ competive. If you have a full size or a truck with center mount a-arms and your getting 18" in front and 30" in the rear why would you want to race sportsman would you feel like you really accomplished anything their's no comparison from Dan's truck to Belden's.
If you have a truck with huge travel or a V8 run it in 7,8.

jeff

Reaction
How about a "rental" prerunner class. Rent a truck, get the full insurance, race it and be done with it. For $19.95 + insurance and tax you could rent a Ranger and go racing.

Dan's truck is fast, fast fast. It's got big balls stuffed into some tight jeans. It ain't all about spending lots of money either. If it's strong enough to just hold together and has enough motor to propel it the full distance you've always got a shot at the podium. Jeepspeed started out like a great idea... build an affordable spec race vehicle that would allow more people to get into the sport. Weeks after it was created you had guys out dropping big bucks into Jeepspeed so that they would have the advantage over those with less $$$. If you want cheap racing don't race a truck. Buy an old buggy and have at it.

To be safe the vehicle would need a cage and all the other safety equipment mandated. Why run a bolt on kit if the rest of the thing is caged? If someone that can't drive very well wants to outspend a better driver, that's life. Eventually money bags will "run out of talent" and Darwin will level the playing field.

Aloha

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
The only difference between 1400 / 1450 and 7 / 7s / 8, is the cost of entry fee and a licence plate.

The reason there are not more trucks racing is due to small testicles and $$$$

I have a little case of both as well.....lol

If your gunna go.........go Ghetto...

prerunner68

Reaction
I never ran my truck in either prerunner class, So get your facts straight.
but it's BS telling someone they cant race a street legal class, just because they have a full size or a full blown prerunner.
I thought this was a run what ya brung class?

JCA

Reaction
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

If you want cheap racing don't race a truck. Buy an old buggy and have at it.

<hr></blockquote>

AMEN Brotha

Why worry about bolt ons??? Just go buy a truck, throw some saftey items in it and race stone stock. We need more classes about as much as 7s needed to be split into 2 diffrent classes!

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com