New Classes for SCORE, 7F/Vintage/UTV

E. Araiza

Reaction
Not sure if this was posted here but I just read it on the SCORE PR's:

CLASS 7F
The new Class 7F is for two or four-wheel drive mini or mid-size pickups, limited to 4.5 liter normally aspirated engines and 3.5 liter forced induction engines. The vehicle numbers for Class 7F will be 700F to 739F.
Class 7 and Class 7SX will continue as SCORE competition classes along with the new Class 7F in the 2018 SCORE World Desert Championship.

VINTAGE CLASSES
SCORE has decided to keep the Vintage Trailblazer and Vintage Innovator classes for the 2018 season. The two special classes are based on the year they were originally manufactured.
The Vintage Innovator class is for vehicles made from 1983 to 1992 and the Vintage Trailblazer class is for those cars and trucks made 1982 and earlier.

SPORTSMAN STOCK UTVS
Keeping up with the ever-increasing demand from racers in the UTV classes, SCORE is adding two Sportsman Stock UTV classes to complement the other Sportsman UTV Unlimited class along with the Pro UTV FI, Pro UTV and Pro UTV Unlimited classes that are already part of the SCORE World Desert Championship.
The Sportsman Stock UTV FI (Forced Induction) class will use numbers 3900 through 3969 and the Sportsman Stock UTV NA (Normally Aspirated) class will use numbers 3970 through 3999.

I dont understand the difference between the 7sx and the new 7F, someone can clarify this?

BajaFand

Reaction
I’m guessing 700F is all about having forced induction. Can’t think of any stock mid size pickup you can buy that fits the concept. Maybe they’re allowing you to add forced induction to current models?

Either way it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense and where did the demand for this class come from?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
I’m guessing 700F is all about having forced induction. Can’t think of any stock mid size pickup you can buy that fits the concept. Maybe they’re allowing you to add forced induction to current models?

Either way it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense and where did the demand for this class come from?

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

From what I understand, it’s about keeping factory frame rails.

According to Brandon Walsh, 9 guys wanted this change.

green787

Reaction
Why is it always mini OR midsized....??? What OTHER class uses that wording??????? I'm so frustrated that there has never been and never will be a 4 cylinder only class... " Limited to 4.5 liters"... That is over TWICE the size of my 22r motor... And if you haven't noticed, horsepower makes a difference in off road racing.... I hear all this talk about turnkey this and that... engine suppliers... Some of us like to build our own at home...

Last edited:

J Prich

Reaction
Why is it always mini OR midsized....??? What OTHER class uses that wording??????? I'm so frustrated that there has never been and never will be a 4 cylinder only class... " Limited to 4.5 liters"... That is over TWICE the size of my 22r motor... And if you haven't noticed, horsepower makes a difference in off road racing.... I hear all this talk about turnkey this and that... engine suppliers... Some of us like to build our own at home...
A) You aren’t racing anyway.

B) A Toyota with a 22RE finished first at BAP yesterday in Class 7100.

C). 7F just sounds weird.

Rocket 450

Reaction
Ford Eco Boost is 3.5 liters, so one would assume this rule was written for that engine.

And the 4.5 liter rule as always been a class 7 rule. V-6 of course, there may be a typo or was missread cause I don't believe anybody has produced a 4.5 liter 4-cly.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

BajaFand

Reaction
From what I understand, it’s about keeping factory frame rails.

According to Brandon Walsh, 9 guys wanted this change.

Interesting, doesn’t clarify that in the description above but thanks for pointing that out. So it’s basically the old SCORE 7 open class but open up to forced induction?

I know that style of truck is still pretty popular in the CODE/RECORD series but it’s hard to imagine at least 9 or more trucks committed to SCORE racing this year.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
Brandon Walsh is a joke

Turbos are already already legal in class 7

Mini/midsize classes are already dying so let’s make another class, brilliant idea

cubed

Reaction
7F rules here:Class 7F – SCORE Race Info
Full stock frame (no removal of frame material is allowed) , 87" wide, 6 cyl or less engine in stock location +-6", Looks like the same sealed factory boosted engine options as class 7

green787

Reaction
A) You aren’t racing anyway.

B) A Toyota with a 22RE finished first at BAP yesterday in Class 7100.

C). 7F just sounds weird.

I would be, if there was an even field.... I can't beat a V6 in a drag race for any distance whatsoever, so it's not very sportsmanlike to run a race hoping everyone in your class breaks down so you have a chance...

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Reaction
Basically, Brandon Walsh got tired of racing against full tube chassis trucks so he got his own class created for himself.

He’s been getting smoked by 7S trucks for over 10 years let alone the tradition class 7 trucks before the rules were opened. He could race a TT in class 7 and Chamlee would still beat him. He sucks plain and simple.

J Prich

Reaction
I would be, if there was an even field.... I can't beat a V6 in a drag race for any distance whatsoever, so it's not very sportsmanlike to run a race hoping everyone in your class breaks down so you have a chance...
Maybe you should look in to Jeepspeed.

J Prich

Reaction
If you DNF 50% of the time or more, minimum, the other guy is not the problem. But the new class should be great for some new FB likes and “exposure”.

y2kbaja

Reaction
When did off-road racing become a “drag race”

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

green787

Reaction
When did off-road racing become a “drag race”

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

At the start line, and down any straight road.... Surprising I have to explain that....:confused: But for the illiterate it is a "term" that is used when two cars are racing side by side down a straight road....