• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Dates for the 2017 Mint 400

Due to changes in the NASCAR schedule and the start of March Madness, The Mint 400 will be held one week earlier than previous years. The Mint 400 will be returning to Las Vegas, Nevada March 1st-5th, 2017.

“We’re thrilled to be returning to Las Vegas next year to celebrate this important milestone for both The Mint 400 and the broader American off-road industry. When the Mint was dreamt up in 1967, no one could have predicted we would be a multi-billion dollar industry and have a 20-million dollar impact on the City of Las Vegas every year, but that’s exactly what has happened,” said Mint 400 CEO, Matt Martelli. “Our focus since buying the Mint has been to not only grow the event and re-establish it as a worldwide phenomenon, but to also bring the sport of desert off-road racing and culture of off-roading to anyone with a TV or smart phone.”

Read the full article here --> The Mint 400 Returns to Las Vegas March 4th, 2017 » The Mint 400

deano

McDeano
and B.A.P. is usually the 3rd weekend in February also -- A couple of weeks turn around for that whole area

pgarfinkle

The last few years it has been rumored that bikes would be added. Does 2017 hold any promise for this to come true?

BANNED4LIFE

san felipe in late march will be WAY better and probably bring bigger crowds and more racers.....nice move for ALL, good work martellis and bitd...

notime

NTR Films media guy
So this takes out the rumors of 2 day of races, anyways will Be there for sure

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Last edited:

Mark Newhan

Vendors were already up against a VERY tight first quarter, a week will intensify that. The only good about this is that they are giving up plenty of notice to prepare, i.e. Buy more parts, steering systems, transmissions and third members... Guess it's someone's idea of a $timulus plan.

Vendors were already up against a VERY tight first quarter, a week will intensify that. The only good about this is that they are giving up plenty of notice to prepare, i.e. Buy more parts, steering systems, transmissions and third members... Guess it's someone's idea of a $timulus plan.
There will be significant added value to all of our vendors this year.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Parker isnt moving. Same as it always has been.

Mint 400, UTV World Championship, and Laughlin Desert Classic all have new dates. All the press release stuff will be out by Vegas to Reno as Casey normally does each year.

The Mint had to move due to NASCAR.That wasn't a choice anyone had. By moving the Mint it effected the UTV World Challenge. The Laughlin Desert Classic needed to get off Cinco De Mayo weekend as they are already planning a big concert again that would screw things up like it did this year.

Unfortunately, while there are 52 weekends a year, the ability to get everything scheduled for everyone just cant happen. Promoters have to work with sponsors, permiters, and the host hotels and towns to make any event a success.

Hopefully this schedule will work out. I know for my team logistically, it will work better but I am a very small part of this traveling circus.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Please don't put Parker on top of KOH...

Mark is right. The first quarter of the year is a hustle.

Also. Please have rusty do Mint tech. PLEASE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many choices..
It's going to be hard for you die hards to pack so much fun into so little time...
I guess it could be worse.. No races...

ltr450rider

I have not been to Vegas during NASCAR weekend, So I don't know what the "busy-ness" is like. My question is, is there some reason why you can't hold it the same weekend? I would think getting some cross over traffic would be a good thing.

My only thought would be that hotels are booked, but I find a NASCAR weekend would not be enough to fill the supply of rooms in Vegas.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
I have not been to Vegas during NASCAR weekend, So I don't know what the "busy-ness" is like. My question is, is there some reason why you can't hold it the same weekend? I would think getting some cross over traffic would be a good thing.

My only thought would be that hotels are booked, but I find a NASCAR weekend would not be enough to fill the supply of rooms in Vegas.
Hotel prices sky rocket but that is merely a side affect.

You lose the parade down the strip.

You lose tech and contingency on Fremont street.

You also lose the support of many hotels that would rather sell out two weeks in a row rather than turn people away to other hotels. The hotels, the City of Las Vegas and the visitors and convention authority help make sure to not overload the system and lose dollars. We really need to keep them happy. One week after NASCAR, then puts into turtle humping season.

Dave In Florida

Thanks for the early announcement! For the (very) few of us in Florida that come out, we need to plan early. Already looking at hotels and flights :D

snoreracer

and B.A.P. is usually the 3rd weekend in February also -- A couple of weeks turn around for that whole area
The King shocks BAP has moved to February 10-12 due to Presidents day weekend hitting February 18-20. This puts it 3 weeks before the mint. This will help the Motion tire/ Driven experience 300 in Ridgecrest April 7-8.