New Diff?

tapeworm

After hearing of this thing being out there, how long do you think before someone makes one of these for an off-road swingaxle transmission? It looks like it would completely eliminate axle issues. What type of articulation do you think these would be able to achieve? At $2000 it would add to the already outrageous trans prices. What are other people thoughts?

RanchoTransaxles.com | Billet CV spool conversion with Axles

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

mgobaja

the way the rules are written for SCORE, it doesnt seem to be in violation of them. It would just violate your wallet.

CR
25 TRANSMISSION
Type 1bug,
4 speed swing axle only. Heavy-duty side plates and differential allowed. Stock VW type1-
ring and pinion ratios only (8.33 and 8.35). Stock VW Type 1 gears only. Closed ratio 3rd
and 4thgears allowed.
Axle over tubes permitted.
Other internal modifications are optional.

Bro_Gill

But by going to a 930 CV rather than the paddles and fulcums, travel will be increased. Tubes have been modified before, but the fulcrum axle is what stops more travel. This eliminates that issue.

Bro_Gill

Yes it would. Axles that twist! I think the issues with the spool aren't as bad with the swing as they are with the IRS set-up, but costs for trans with this set-up would surpass a built bus I think. When do you simply say switch to type 1 IRS like the 11s run?

brad inch

cool,but these cars all ready have allot of camber ,more travel would not be a good thing.but at the same travel they have now it would be cool to see how they would work.