• Forum membership has its advantages....

new f510 susp.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
ok, i'm not gonna be able to afford the full-blown c/o suspension for quite awhile, so I got the upper arms, 2" coils ,widened spindles and glass. What i'm wondering now and hopefully you guys can help, is can I put a real good 2" shock inside the coil instead of the standard 5100 series bilstein, or is it even worth it to try... I was thinking like the 7100 series bistein or a small king, but I don't wanna have to build mounts. Can it be done????

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
It looks like from that picture that you are going to be limited to shock choice due to that pin type upper mount. Why don't you want to fab up some mounts for different shocks?

Kris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Donahoe

There is nothing wrong with the standard 5100... If anything you are going to be closer to the right valving then a full blow race shock out of the box. You dont need a 2.5. just a thought.. Unless of course you have the "Dude check out my big shock syndrom"

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Waldo

Safehouse
I have that exact set-up and like it plenty. I don't need to run 60MPH over whoops, so it is right for me and it gets the job done. The only thing I need to get is a set of springs for the rear. If you are planning on going agro off-road then think about saving your pennies for a different set-up.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I go to mex on long road trips, sometimes the dirt road to a surf spot will take four hours (Scorpion Bay) and I just want something that won't fade after an hour and a half. I wasn't sure if the 5100 would do it for me. Thanks for the opinion though guys, that's what I was lookin' for.

Donahoe

Its pretty tuff to fade a 5100... It has a internal resivior piston... I have never seen one mix.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Donahoe

It would look better black. Tee HEE

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Waldo

Safehouse
I wish mine looked that new! They get all dirty....duh:) = 8>)>

I think he meant F-150, the attatchment is a front a-arm component of a late model one. Maybe he got confused with 5100 bilstein?

BRAAAAAAAAP!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BajaWaldo on 10/24/01 01:03 PM (server time).</FONT></P>