• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Forum Upgrade - Suggestions

Al Swearengen

Interesting, when I log on to RDC main home page and then click on forums I get a wrong address message, to access the forum I must first click on to classifieds then from there I can click on the forum tab and be connected to the forum. It will not connect to the forum directly from the main home page...

racer56

Is there any update on when we will be able to mark specific forums read?

Klaus

Administrator
I am reading this, but have no answer on when this feature will be added. Just want to let you guys know that your voice wont get ignored.

Fourstroker

You are probably right. Remember when the users mattered. Its all about site visits and hits these days

JoeyD23

You are probably right. Remember when the users mattered. Its all about site visits and hits these days
Klaus cares more about the user experience then you will ever know. He doesn't make decisions solely based on financial gain.

Klaus

Administrator
Catching up on this thread.

RDC is a business so obviously we try to maximize profits but there is a fine line that we balance constantly. Most of our revenue comes from advertising in the form of banners. We try to find advertisers that are targeted towards our audience and that is motorsports related. Having you guys jump through hoops and have to click an extra page, breaking up things that fit on one page to get more page loads, popup ads etc are annoying and we won't have any of that.

In regards to the forum and its features know that this forum is a piece of software we bought themed and customized. We are at the mercy of this forum software and if certain features don't come with it we have to get out of the way and custom code things. That costs time and money and we ask ourself how needed a feature might be.

The more features we have here the more complicated this forum gets. More features also requires more maintenance as each feature needs to get monitored and upgraded and repaired as it breaks.

Since this is an old thread. What feature are we even talking about?

"Mark this forum read" ?

Klaus

Administrator
That's the one
There is a way to mark ALL forums read. Will that do the trick or are we looking for a way to mark one subform as read without actually going into it ? For example be in the forum root (/forum) and then mark only Rally Raid as read?

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 13.54.58.png

Fourstroker

There is a way to mark ALL forums read. Will that do the trick or are we looking for a way to mark one subform as read without actually going into it ? For example be in the forum root (/forum) and then mark only Rally Raid as read?

View attachment 158260
Looking to mark the subforum as read. Can be outside of the subforum or in it. It used to be on a pull down on the top of the subforum.

Allows you to read the topics/subforums you want or have time to read and mark them read. Subsequent visits to a subforum are not tied up thinking you have new threads instead of the leftovers that you choose not to read.

Klaus,

I can assure you if this type of constructive dialogue had happened after the 1st 2nd or 3rd requests post #49 would have never been written. Thanks for your time

racer56

Would really like the option again of being able to mark a specific forum read please!