New found respect for you class 9er's

MIKEY CHILDRESS

Iron Mike
Reaction
So I'm hanging out in the pits at the MORE race last weekend pitting all my checker brothers. This skinny guy walks up (Jimmy Hook) ask's me do you wanna ride in a class 9 car with me...I kinda laughed and are you for reals Jimmy replies with yup were gonna pop wheelies...I laughed and said alright just because its you Jimmy I get my suit on clean up the sheild and wait for the car to arrive..So the slowest class that I have been in up till this time was 5/1600 car with Bob Wright and we won a lot of races so by no means was Bob slow. So the 9 car pulls in we climb in get belted in and we are off into the night..Jimmy has tons of race wins in class 9 so I knew I was going to get a good ride..So the first little rough section....well lets say they were large breaking bumbs lol The car skimmed right thru them and wow was I surprised on how well this little car did...So know onto the big holes we are flying cause I forgot to mention that our Checker brother Tommy Ditfield left the pit about 5 mins in front of us so Hook is on a mission to catch him..We are going thru this holes and it feels like my chest is going to rip open and I wondering why I said yes to this..We get about half way around the 65 miles loop and my chest is killing me now but Im tough and I stay quiet..We get to this up hill rocky square edge big up wash and we catch another 9 car and all the sudden he bangs left and starts cutting across the desert ( cheating) its all good I can understand why he did that was the most horrible time I have ever had in a race car lol..We catch the cheater and pass him since we are still on this mission to catch our friend. So about 5 miles from the finish of the loop we catch our checker buddy and now we are pushing it and I think I bent my push bar cause I pushing on it so hard. Now we are right behind him on the horn we wanna beat him to the finish of the loop even if he is a lap down. lol We cross the finish about 2:30 am and we finish 3rd in class 9 wow what a ride..

Im still in ahh on how fast these little suckers go..and line selection is even more crucial then the 1600 class and Im sure set up is a huge part in winning in this class..I just wanted to let all you class 9 guys know that you guys rock! Such a cool class and now I wanna drive one! Hope that I can mix it up with some of you guys in the future

Last edited:

MIKEY CHILDRESS

Iron Mike
Reaction
The guy was a lapper no since wasting our time hitting him..But I can understand why he didnt wanna go thru that section it sucked lol...But still no excuse for cutting..What a fun class

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
awesome story... i wanna race a 9er one of these days!!! but i figure it wood b a ruff ride... i have hit holes hard enough n my 1600 where i thought my chest was going 2 burst out of my drivers suit, im sure this is a lil worse n a 9 car!!! i have mad respect for 9 cars and of course class 11!!! thats another class i wanna race n... wodd b a hell of a driving experience!

BW1672

Reaction
i got jimmy's old nine car and its a sweet ride, lots of fun driving it. hope to race at a more race this year.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Thanks for writing your ride up.. glad you had a great time..

Slang

Reaction
If you let me get some of that Pike's Peak action, we could work something out. LOL.

Cool post thanks Mike

KyleMurray

Reaction
Awesome story!

Who wants to give an 18yo with some driving and co-driving time on a ride??? Any takers :D:D:p
i might be having an open seat every once in a while. ;)

kwood

I'm a believer
Reaction
I like this thread... and no matt no one wants you in their car! haha wadr

ACME

Reaction
"New found respect for you class 9er's"

The official name just so you sound in the know is: "Swingers" ;)

oldman dirt

Reaction
How did you like that steering in there Mikey ????????????? LOL

MORE slop than the tea cups at Disneyland.
Glad you and Jimmy could bring it home---I have a "v" cut in my side from the belt d ring, and a knot on my throat from the sternum buckle--- Belts were set for littler guys for sure---That stutter step section wouldn t have been so bad if Rick didnt have 40 lbs of air in the tires------------
I will let you take the new ride for a spin when its done-----Giti

Sampeter

Reaction
Great story,
So now you have to ride in a class 11, and see how your kidneys hold up, LOL!

JJohnson

Reaction
nice mikey! didnt get a chance to talk to you after the race. glad you liked it!

bajabird

Reaction
here's a pict from the 3rd place car... Hope its the right one for you.

Attachments