• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Generation Jimco class 1

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Not sure if you've all seen this already but this definitely looks different than what's out today in class 1. Nice to see something different and can't wait to see how well it works. Share your thoughts and knowledge.
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1475246692.980029.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

McCredie A

It looks like RZR rear suspension. I believe some of the sand car builders have used this method. 5 link?

doug969

This car also has the TT front end and steering box. Much different than the 2000 series and the Champion cars they build.

Porboy

Armada has built a few 10 cars with similar rear suspension.
img_6236.jpg

Fourstroker

Underseat fuel cell I am guessing

Dezertpilot

Oh man that is bitchen!

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reminds me of Dale Ebberts' class one car from years ago. Different for sure, curious to see how it does. I think the mid engine will be interesting but I know of another team (maybe 2) making theirs rear engine.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reminds me of Dale Ebberts' class one car from years ago. Different for sure, curious to see how it does. I think the mid engine will be interesting but I know of another team (maybe 2) making theirs rear engine.
Have you driven a mid engine 1 car?
If so, what are the differences?

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
I would think the longer arm geometry would change the squat/anti-squat quite a bit versus a traditional class 1 short arm rear suspension. It will be interesting to see how it hooks up.

mosebilt

mid engine works great-low polar moment so it changes direction quickly-longer wheelbase with huge rear arms, rear mounted tires help counteract typical mid engine nose dive, the car hooked up great..under seat 90 gallon cell only changed ride height 3/4" between empty/full..

DSCN2096web.JPG

Dezertpilot

mid engine works great-low polar moment so it changes direction quickly-longer wheelbase with huge rear arms, rear mounted tires help counteract typical mid engine nose dive, the car hooked up great..under seat 90 gallon cell only changed ride height 3/4" between empty/full..
Interesting, why two bypass shocks on the same side?

mosebilt

it was a "slapper" shock..trailing arm came up and contacted it...basically a tunable 6" stroke air bump

DSCN2093web.JPG

Dezertpilot

I would have thought this thread would be on be on fire bu now, when is the last time something radical has happened to class 1 like this? For awhile class 1 seemed stagnant.

GEARDOC

I would like to see the exhaust routed farther from the trans. Hopefully they'll put a heat shield under the exhaust pipes by the gear housing.

standfast

It will be a very stable ride in the corners, lets see how it does in the rough. Could be a hot ticket on tracks like Parker. I hope to see it there.

The 2 things that they will contend with is toe change which has surely been optimized and the rear kicking over. If the tires are mounted way out back that could help with polar moment and minimize the kick. Shock tuning will be key.

How have the Armada 10 cars that were built with 3-link rears doing? Haven't heard much.