new golf?

kjmiller1

Reaction
Anybody have any information on the new golf? I heard they are going to have AWD available with a ~240 hp 6 or the 1.8t.

93 f150

Crayfish

Reaction
It will probably only be available in automatic trans, they like to keep from competing with the Audi line. You can only get two of the three desired options in the VW (4-motion, 1.8T, manual trans) if they follow suit probably only auto. Still would be rockin to have that much hp. My wife has an A4 with 240 h.p. and Quattro and that thing is fun as hell to drive.

Crayfish

kjmiller1

Reaction
Man would that be disappointing, especially since I think I heard something about a six speed

93 f150

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
I saw the same thing on car and driver or motortrend tv something like that???? If I remember correctly the 6 speed big HP v6 was going to be very limitted like 5000 or less imported to the US...So be ready to stand in line and pay an arm,leg and maybe a testicle......

Start drinking till you see double and act single

kjmiller1

Reaction
I think you might be thinking of the R32, which is sick but I would be hard pressed to spend over 30K for a golf especialy with a body style that will be replaced the next year. I'm talking about the all new golf, and was wondering if anybody had any links to any good European car sites because they will know before we do in the States

93 f150

kjmiller1

Reaction
Just some info I ran across, who knows if any of this info is any good to us in the states, but its getting me excited since it will be coming out not too long after I graduate so hopefully I'll be able to afford it. I found out that the official release is scheduled for the frankfurt motor show in I think September.

golf V-1
golf V-2
R32 comin to America
some of these are hosted on my server at my house, so it is unreliable

"The overall length of the new Golf will not increase by more than 6 cm, but there will be considerably more space in the interior - particularly in the rear, and also a good 30 litres more load space. A range of powerful 16-valve engines will augment the visual changes. The entry level will be a super economy 1.4-litre 55kW petrol engine, supplemented by a 63kW FSI direct injection unit. The engine range above this will include a 1.6-litre engine developing 78kW, a 104kW 2.0-litre direct injection engine and a 3.2-litre, 24-valve 6-cylinder engine pushing out at least 171kW, and even a VR8 is planned. There will also be a 2.0-litre direct injection diesel engine developing 52kW and three turbo diesel models developing 75 (1.9-litre), 101 (2.0-litre) and 130kW (2.5-litre)."

"A 250bhp 3.2-litre V6 is being lined up, too, offering a serious alternative to the hotly tipped Focus RS. Alongside a standard five-speed manual gearbox will be an optional Audi-sourced Multitronic transmission. Also borrowed from the VW Group’s prestige brand will be advanced four-wheel-drive technology available on all variants."

93 f150