New Honda Quad

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Honda finally announces their new hot rod to replace the TRX 250R. IMO the best quad ever produced. This is great news that the big manufacturers are finally producing race ready quads. More choices is a great thing........
Honda Press release

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
You should check out the yamaha thread, we have been on that sub for a while. I will be a nice bike, although some say that it looks a little wild for thier taste, but it WILL be the fastest factory bike out there.

desertratt

Reaction
all right honda put out a cartoon! lolol! j/k. i have heard about it for a while i now know some of the things about it. but they are secrets for now.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Been reading lots of stuff on the net on it on the messege boards. Its really funny stuff. I am looking forward to seeing this bike. I dont think I am gonna buy one, never say never,lol. Eric, you did a bad thing by buying that new Yamaha! My wife is gonna be pissed,lmao.

No doubt Honda will produce a kick butt bike. Not one good reason why this bike will not be a few steps ahead of the rest of em. Shoot, they have had enough R and D time....

desertratt

Reaction
its funny to read some of the stuff that poeple think the bike is going to be. there is only a few of them that are on the right track. yeah my girlfriend keeps giving me a hard time about buying it also. speacily since she works for honda. the only thing she is real happy about is that i am not racing her quad any more.

sirhk100

Reaction
It sounds like some of you know more then the normal person about this quad. Assuming it's the same motor in it that's in the CRF450 I know the motor is a beast from personal experience. Is it an agressive race quad or just a pumped up 400EX that still needs TONS to do anything fun on?

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Well here is a little bit of fodder to add, i guess no one will care if I say something now, but a couple years back we sold one of our 250R / 450F chassis to the Honda Engineers, I think it was before Yamaha went to TIm Farr. When Tim Farr let the Yamaha enginners look at his 250R that was hush hush for the longest time.

It is too bad that Honda couldn't figure it out for them selves that if you take the 250R put a 450F on it and use the 91' CR500 linkage you get a fast quad, ohh well no credit is bad credit.

dunerking

Reaction
It's about time Honda steps up to the plate.My question is how much is Honda going to gouge the consumers for this bike?With the price of the Yamaha going for 6,899,I would imagine Honda as greedy as they are are going to want 7,500 +.

desertratt

Reaction
the trx is going to be grand more than the yamaha

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
My best guess would be 8000.00 or really close to it. Will it be worth it? Who knows but are any of them really worth it? I think I have gotten my moneys worth out of my old quad.

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Trust me, the honda will leave every other factory bike in the gate wondering what happened when the flag drops.