New Kit Class for Desert Racing

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Massive thanks to the others on the starting line today!!!! Had an absolute blast! Really hoping to see this class grow. Not sure if you guys had the same experience we did but there was a TON of interest by others that saw the truck asking what class it was legal in and what it was all about.

Advertising supports this site

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
I should have in car footage showing we went the full distance. Had one flat, only issue all day. Young had a hard day from the sounds of it but worked his butt off and we were stoked to watch him come thru the turns and cross the line for a 2nd lap as well. I'll let the truck owners give their details/race reports though...

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Some confusion may be cause the tracking here on RDC showed us as a 3 lap class but BITD sent us as a 2 lap. So as far as RDC tracking goes, non of us finished, but officially we (7196) and Young (7150) both got finished the full 2 laps.

JIM BORDEN

RDC Crypto
We ran very well but went through three tires. We will be back. This time with more spares! We disintegrated three tires. Would have had more tires but our wheels didn't show in time to bring. Took a chance with two spares and rolled the dice. Hey it's Vegas! See you guys at Vegas to Reno! Great job to the finishers and BITD. Truck 7111

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

ParksHouse Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
We lost compression in the motor at mile 33ish.. Hope to make V@R..
11071748_10152752142122773_4446224860174229613_n.jpg

J Prich

RDC Crypto
So awesome to go back and read the first couple of posts in this thread. Obviously not everyone agreed with the new direction, etc but I was really happy to see four awesome trucks lined up to battle and I know there are more in the works. A lot of people came up to us over the course of the week asking about the class, rules, etc. Excited to see even more trucks at V2R!

Thank you Matt Martelli for prompting this disucssion and thank you Jerry Zaiden for taking the reins. Casey wasn't keen on keeping 7100 around but I think by August it's going to be obvious that there is definitely interest in this class!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
5 trucks pre entered, 1 couldn't make the starting line. At least one on the waiting list and another that wasn't completed in time. Lots of people asking about class rules, etc. Excited about more to come at Vegas to Reno!

2rr2tlx.jpg

mint-400-2015-raceday-blv-0047.jpg

10347098_10204525534801461_710994200966804724_n_zpsywlblnxn.jpg

10856476_361965547326094_2486263026441162802_o_zpsuj8s7x70.jpg

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
We've got video footage that I personally think warrants Deaver's support and attention to a leaf sprung BITD class that we're working on.

ParksHouse Racing

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Motor issues for us. The Baja Olive Racing Team will be back! The new Class 7100 setup is amazing! Huge thanks to Camburg, Deaver, Yukon Gear & axle, and Bilstein Shocks! The setup is perfect right out of the box! Bolt on race ready! Photo by Phil Kaos..
BajaOliveRacingTeam.JPG

Last edited:

dislocated1

RDC Crypto
..... just to poke a little fun at ya guys.... But the top 3 jeepspeeds beat the 7100 winner at the Mint!

All in good fun.... I drive with Kurt in the DC shocks toyota when I can. Hope to see some bigger numbers in the class soon. Too early to have a class to class bet at V2R between the 1700's and 7100's?

dan200

wholesome chickens
RDC Crypto
..... just to poke a little fun at ya guys.... But the top 3 jeepspeeds beat the 7100 winner at the Mint!

All in good fun.... I drive with Kurt in the DC shocks toyota when I can. Hope to see some bigger numbers in the class soon. Too early to have a class to class bet at V2R between the 1700's and 7100's?
Damn you! Lol. The golf kart guys vs the nine cars and 5-16s are bad enough and now we've gotta have the jeepspeeds vs the 7100's?

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
Damn you! Lol. The golf kart guys vs the nine cars and 5-16s are bad enough and now we've gotta have the jeepspeeds vs the 7100's?
Sounds like some good racin!

J Prich

RDC Crypto

It's a fairly fair fight, more suspension versus more motor.

But to be clear, the winning 7100 truck raced with a self imposed arm tied behind it's back! I'm guessing our first lap was on par with the faster vehicles in the 2 lap race, even with a fairly leisurely stop at main before hitting the timing loop to complete lap one.

Then we put a goon in the drivers seat for lap 2 (me) for a much slower pace that included a stop for a tire change becuase I hit a rock the size of Half Dome in a wide open sand wash. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but we did some math and figure if we didn't change drivers and ran roughly the same pace as lap one, even adding 15 minutes to account for a more conservative pace on the rougher second lap, our finish time would have been about 5:30 which would put us #3 overall for the two lap race. Behind a Class 8 truck and a Zero One driven by a professional race car driver.

No gaurantee that it would have played out that way so obviously just speculation, but saying without changing to a crappy driver the truck is potentially capable of a lot more than our final time shows. So I'm game for a 1700 bet at V2R....IF you all agree to put a crap driver in your Jeepspeeds for half the race!

Pee Wee

RDC Crypto
It's a fairly fair fight, more suspension versus more motor.

But to be clear, the winning 7100 truck raced with a self imposed arm tied behind it's back! I'm guessing our first lap was on par with the faster vehicles in the 2 lap race, even with a fairly leisurely stop at main before hitting the timing loop to complete lap one.

Then we put a goon in the drivers seat for lap 2 (me) for a much slower pace that included a stop for a tire change becuase I hit a rock the size of Half Dome in a wide open sand wash. Woulda, coulda, shoulda, but we did some math and figure if we didn't change drivers and ran roughly the same pace as lap one, even adding 15 minutes to account for a more conservative pace on the rougher second lap, our finish time would have been about 5:30 which would put us #3 overall for the two lap race. Behind a Class 8 truck and a Zero One driven by a professional race car driver.

No gaurantee that it would have played out that way so obviously just speculation, but saying without changing to a crappy driver the truck is potentially capable of a lot more than our final time shows. So I'm game for a 1700 bet at V2R....IF you all agree to put a crap driver in your Jeepspeeds for half the race!

We did the crap driver thing also.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today