New Kit Class for Desert Racing

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Worked out well for us, I just pretended I was going slow on purpose to save the truck and protect our lead!

JasonHutter

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Jason.... No need to make any excuses or concessions. You guys were the fastest 7100 truck this year in the Mint 400! No one can take that away from you guys!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Advertising supports this site

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Wanna see why I really DGAounceofF about the jeepspeed results? I've got this on loan from Jason until he moves back stateside...

I'm mostly just glad my pinky isn't out in that last picture! LOL

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
MONTHS away obvious and it's April Fools day as I'm posting this but...

What teams are expecting to be on the starting line at Vegas 2 Reno in August? I know TPF Racing is in. Hoping to see you other 3 guys from the Mint there too. Any new entries realistically going to make it?

I got our truck cleaned up and stored away this past weekend. Will knock out prep for V2R if all goes as planned in May so that we're set to do some hot weather testing in June and that'll give me ample time to make any adjustments/changes needed hopefully.

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Also, Points structures for this 3 race series. Anyone seen anything along the way as an idea for points towards a year end contingency package? Jerry?

Todd Walter

RDC Crypto
It's tore down to frame right now. Building long travel 2wd front suspension and 3 link in rear. Also swapping out 3.slo with a LC9 then a turbo 400 or 4L80. It might be awhile longer before its back on road cause I'm using a bunch of it's parts on the race truck.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Well I have been and will continue to recruit like a mofo! Really hoping we're close to 10 by V2R.

Jerry Zaiden

RDC Crypto
Website
www.camburgEngineering.com

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
I can't imagine anyone else will have an issue with that structure and just wanted to get it nailed down before we're too far into it. I mean unless of course people are cool with like triple points for the mint and then singles for the rest of the season this time around? :p

Todd Walter

RDC Crypto
Is General Tire going to payout contingency for the 7100 class? Its not on their website and I thought I read a post on here about it awhile ago but not finding it. Anyone know?

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
Jason is trying to collect/confirm on the Mint basically as we speak I believe so I'd think once he finds out a bit more he'll be able to 100% tell you. But... According to the contingency form, we're under the impression we were a class that was included in their contingency. Someone, I want to say Justin Park maybe, before the Mint I believe also verified it with a GT rep that our class would be included.

jcarius

RDC Crypto
OK, So I'm a buggy dork seriously thinking about moving to the dark side - A question for those who are already there. Of the applicable mini trucks - which has the most cap space? I'm 6'5 - and with most of the trucks I've been in the roofline is way to low for me ...

Suggestions?

sirhk100

RDC Crypto
I'm 6'1" and have great room in the '04 Tacoma. If needed I could've moved the seat back a ton further. Most of my body height is in my upper body though I think. My pants for instance are a 30 on the inseam. I've never touched my head on the roof or the cage in the truck when strapped in. I also don't have the seats mounted as low as possible, I could redesign the seat mount setup and drop the seats another 2" probably if I'd had to.

Can't comment on the ranger platform or others though.

Todd Walter

RDC Crypto
I'm building an '07 Tacoma. I'm 6' and I've got plenty of room above my head. You can always just mount seat lower too. Hope your co-driver is tall too if you do that.

J Prich

RDC Crypto
A little over 2 months to go to the second installment of the Class 7100 series. Excited to come back for another go around!