New Kit Class for Desert Racing

DesertCreations

RDC Crypto
Thanks John, Moving in same building just to unit-A. You will have to come out and take some pics..
Sept-1st!!

J Prich

RDC Crypto
Bummed Kurt and Brad won't be making it, was looking forward to seeing you guys! Excited to have three other trucks back though, depending on how this race goes BWDC could be a winner take all "championship" race!

dragonX

RDC Crypto
Look s like team Xterra racing is good to go for V2R. Testing this weekend and then it's go time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcarius

RDC Crypto
So I know that there were a few V2R entries and it appears that none finished. As someone that is trying to put together a truck - what took folks out and what should I learn from it?

Thanks!

dragonX

RDC Crypto
The Xterra broke rear end at mile marker 50. I know the Baja olive team finished and won't the class. Also the TPF Toyota truck rolled at mile marker 4 and still ended up finishing. Not sure about the 7111 yota though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoxscott

RDC Crypto
Justin Park took the win in the class at Vegas to Reno. I'm sure he'll give more info in here ... congrats on the win! Great to see those that could make it out there try their hardest to get to the finish line ... that's
a challenge in itself.

- Scott @ Camburg

Jpark1.jpg
Jpark2.jpg

J Prich

RDC Crypto
My understanding is the Xterra blew a 3rd and I believe the 7111 ripped a front arm off or something. That's what our guys thought it looked like when they went by anyway. Justin Park said they got stuck twice but finished in about 16 hours.

We rolled at RM 4 and had a host of other issues and almost timed out at Pit 1 but kept working and got ourselves to the finish in just under 21 hours. So Class 7100 had a 50% finish rate.

Looking forward to BWDC!

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
So after a year and a half (just on this thread) there have been 4 trucks entered in the Mint and 4 at V2R. It doesn't seem to me that this has exactly grown the class.

Has anyone talked to BITD to see if they will be continuing this class in the foreseeable future (2016, 2017)? If so what races will be part of the series within the series that 7100 had this year?

motoxscott

RDC Crypto
Being that the 2014 V2R had zero entries that's a 400% increase this year. The 2014 Mint had only 2 entries so that's a 100% growth this year. It will take time as I know trucks are still being finished up that wanted to race this year. Can't expect huge growth overnight .... so far it's good to see some solid teams making the effort which will help grow the class. The teams out there right now are doing a great job !

- Scott @ Camburg

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
Yes, and I know that the total number of trucks racing last year combined was 4. This year we have 5. I'm not that great at math but that is hardly a 100% increase, much less 400%, on a global scale. And when you consider that the 2012 Mint had 8 entries in class before the rule change this year is actually a decrease. (I don't have 2013 available in my office).

Can you answer my question about BITD continuing this class?

J Prich

RDC Crypto
So after a year and a half (just on this thread) there have been 4 trucks entered in the Mint and 4 at V2R. It doesn't seem to me that this has exactly grown the class.

Has anyone talked to BITD to see if they will be continuing this class in the foreseeable future (2016, 2017)? If so what races will be part of the series within the series that 7100 had this year?

I spoke to Casey at the awards ceremony specifically about this. He said he was happy to keep the class going and said that the tech director has said he's received a lot of calls from people interested in the class.

I get that you were against the rule change and your tone on the subject when you post about it often comes across sounding like you want it to fail. Your prerogative, but bottom line is the changes are made and this class isn't going anywhere according to Casey. You can continue to try to discredit it or you can come and race. The "old" 7100 is dead either way.

pgarfinkle

RDC Crypto
First, thank for answering my question, J Prich. Can you answer the part about which races will be included?

Second, I was merely asking a question about the future of this class at BITD. Instead of getting an answer, I got a bunch of trumped up hype to which I stated some facts.

I am not against the rule change as you claim, even though I feel that it will not save the class. If it does then great. But even changing it from a Pro to a Sportsman is altering the basis of the class to begin with. I imagine the reduced entry fee is just as much of a draw as the rule changes.

This class has tried to be resurrected several times, but as of yet there really isn't much improvement in it's condition, thus my questioning. I have even offered my own funds as prize money before to get people to race and that had no impact. I was heavily invested in this class and have been following it very closely over the last few years while I am taking a break from truck racing.

I know you have spent time getting this to where it is today, as you have stated in this thread (same rules as before this thread), but I don't recall you being a part of the discussion when the rules were changed a year before this thread started nor do I recall ever seeing you post in the Mini Metal forum on here so I am not sure you know the recent history of the struggles this class has seen. Maybe you do, I try not to assume on anyone's behalf. But I do have to ask what class you had in mind when you started building your truck 5 years ago. Was it designed for the rules of the 7100 class at that time?

I honestly hope that the class succeeds, in some form, just as I always have whether I am racing it or not.

Last edited:

motoxscott

RDC Crypto
I was merely asking a question about the future of this class at BITD. Instead of getting an answer, I got a bunch of trumped up hype to which I stated some facts

I would recommend contacting BITD directly regarding their plans for the class in the upcoming years.

http://bitd.com/contact-best-in-the-desert/

3475 C Boulder Highway,
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(702) 457-5775, fax (702) 641-2431
bitd@bitd.com

Office Hours: Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm