• Forum membership has its advantages....

New Kit Class for Desert Racing

Would camburg build a chevy colorado kit if this class were to become a realitiy. That is what I would be hopefully racing if this were to become a reality.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Unless there are 2 class that come about then I would build a silverado simply because it just as expensive and there are more options for parts kits etc

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bonehead1

Love the idea of reviving truck racing, it seems like there are enough classes already thou, I loved 7s/7sx, had a lot of fun. There must be a ton of trucks sitting around rotting in backyards. IMHO reviving that class would be the answer, keeping the stock susupension and not allowing kits, by allowing kits you open up a whole can of worms of one upmanship on who has the best most EXPENSIVE suspension and the cost sky rockets.

Jerry Zaiden

Love the idea of reviving truck racing, it seems like there are enough classes already thou, I loved 7s/7sx, had a lot of fun. There must be a ton of trucks sitting around rotting in backyards. IMHO reviving that class would be the answer, keeping the stock susupension and not allowing kits, by allowing kits you open up a whole can of worms of one upmanship on who has the best most EXPENSIVE suspension and the cost sky rockets.
Just so you know a 7s truck has a more expensive CUSTOM one off suspension than a KIT you can buy. Sure someone can go custom fab a one off expensive kit but there are many companies that already make in production a very high end kit at a much lower than custom made prices. Not sure what other companies charge but at Camburg we sell more than proven race front suspension kits for $5500 retail that include upper and lower arms, spindles, billet hubs, brakes, all hardware, steering, etc.

Back in the day when we helped tons of 7s guys they would have this or more in their front ends... AND always complain that they only had 10-12" of travel...

7s is dead and has been dead.

bonehead1

You are correct 7s is dead and will remain dead, but I still have my memories. It would be great to see something come from all of this, I would love to see somewhat stock truck racing come back to the desert. Someone else mentioned here in this thread that all the new kids coming up might have seen too many TT videos and might not be interested in a class that is not all about speed and mobbing thru the woops, but is all about the challenge of getting your limited truck thru tought terrain to the finishline, it's not all about speed

smt racing

Rules are here = Go to page 62.... 7100 class http://bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/2014_CTRuleBook.pdf
As stated earlier in this tread BITD already has this class in place, now if those who say they want to race would just sign up we would could have a pretty nice turn out which includes 7s, 7sx & class 2000 type of trucks

Front suspension must be of the same configuration as originally produced and installed on the chassis to
which it is mounted. Suspensions may be strengthened and reinforced or fabricated in any manner so long as original stock concept (a-arm, I-beam, etc.) is retained. Must retain stock pivot points. Radius arms are
open on pivot point location. Pivots can be reinforced and gusseted. Ball joints may be of any
manufacturer. Spindles may be of any manufacture and may be reinforced. After market suspension kits and components are allowed. Pivot mounts may be designed to use spherical bearings in place of the stock
rubber so long as the pivot points remain stock. Spring buckets may be clearanced to provide room for
shocks, only minimum frame material may be removed. Front and rear track widths are open. Tires must
retract inside of fender wells.

Chris_Wilson

I like the new 7100 rules, it should breathe some life back into 7s type truck racing. This is a fairly low budget way to go truck racing (racing is never low budget, but this rule set will get you on the track for less money than most other options).

There will be a class for these at the next NORRA as well, it will be called E7100 (Evolution 7100) and will be open to trucks of any year from new to old but conforming to the new BITD 7100 rules.

Jerry Zaiden

You are correct 7s is dead and will remain dead, but I still have my memories. It would be great to see something come from all of this, I would love to see somewhat stock truck racing come back to the desert. Someone else mentioned here in this thread that all the new kids coming up might have seen too many TT videos and might not be interested in a class that is not all about speed and mobbing thru the woops, but is all about the challenge of getting your limited truck thru tought terrain to the finishline, it's not all about speed

You or (anyone) with a current 7s/7sx still can race this class. 7s/7sx is not just worthless now. I feel the 7s/7sx trucks could be worth more with this class as all they would need to do is either enter the race and race and/or upgrade the front suspension. To some there are plenty of these trucks out there and could be a great start for a new team to by one, race it, modify when ready.

dan200

#BSF200
As stated earlier in this tread BITD already has this class in place, now if those who say they want to race would just sign up we would could have a pretty nice turn out which includes 7s, 7sx & class 2000 type of trucks
I believe the difference with what Jerry is proposing is that aftermarket kit manufactures would support this kit class with prize money so there would be a payback incentive for those who chose to go with this proposed "kit class"...

johnnyweb

I believe there was 7 7sx truck at the Baja 500 last weekend. Just Saying.

smt racing

I believe there was 7 7sx truck at the Baja 500 last weekend. Just Saying.
There is a slight difference between 7s and 7sx, and there are some who want to keep that separation and not race 7s trucks… which is fine, they are two different class's it just sort of defeats the car counts that could race in a class that’s not much different.

Again I think BITD has addressed those issues with their new rules, however BITD may not be for everyone...

@ dan200, I guess I might have missed Jerry’s point about the “Kit Class” I hope manufacture’s like them continue to promote the class.

johnnyweb

There is a slight difference between 7s and 7sx, and there are some who want to keep that separation and not race 7s trucks… which is fine, they are two different class's it just sort of defeats the car counts that could race in a class that’s not much different.

Again I think BITD has addressed those issues with their new rules, however BITD may not be for everyone...

@ dan200, I guess I might have missed Jerry’s point about the “Kit Class” I hope manufacture’s like them continue to promote the class.
In that case there was 7 7sx trucks at the Baja 500 last weekend! I think at this point pretty much everyone has switched to a 4.0 liter engine and then some? in this class.