New Metalica

Junior

Reaction
Wasn't Metalica supposed to come out with a new album in June? Has anybody got it? Like it?

sirhk100

Reaction
It's out, I don't own it but I've heard three songs off it and they were pretty good. It's closer to their old stuff then their new stuff but it's still different. They've gotten harder again though which is a good thing in my eyes...

In_the_works

Reaction
I've listened to it in its entirety and I have to say, in spite of all the hype, it seems kinda uninspired. I really wasn't that impressed with any of the guitar work. The title track is plenty hard and kinda catchy, but I can't say the same about the rest of the album. Download a few songs and decide for yourself I guess.

gary

Reaction
yeah, i got a gift certificate to tower, so i bought it (why buy when you can burn?)...not real impressed either. st. anger is good, the rest all kinda sound the same...

blind655

Reaction
I am used to the metallica songs like one, fade to black, master of puppets, and the unforgiven, to name a few. The new album doesn’t have that good metallica sound that we have all grown to like, it sounds like they all went in a room and played their instruments as loud and fast as they could... Anyway over all I wasn’t very happy with the new album, St anger was ok but that shouldn’t be the best track on the album. im not bashing them... just this new album, I still carry all their albums around with me in the truck

sbro

Reaction
In my opinion, it's terrible. Not one guitar solo on the entire cd, very poorly produced, although that is the sound they were going for. I've liked Metallica since I was a kid, but this cd sounds so rushed and uninspired I would never recommend it.

blind655

Reaction
yeh i second that about the solos!!!!

Junior

Reaction
Bummer about the insightful reviews on the new album. Ponder this...........

If for some reason you could only have one Metallica album in your collection, which one would it be?

Junior

Reaction
WTF? 370 people read this thread and only one will post their favorite Metallica album? Are you guys too scared to post? WTF?

Disco_Chief

Reaction
Master of puppets or Metalica (black Album) was hot to
If you want music written with inspiration try "kill them all"

gary

Reaction
harvester of sorrow, and one, off of kill 'em all, are probably two of my top metallica songs...i dig the tempo changes...and pretty much the whole garage days revisited mini album was awesome (the original, not the recent one). i used to work in an indie/hole in the wall record store, so i used to get all the import/rare stuff...for whom trhe bell tolls is also up there. fuel is a great song, made better by use in austin's videos...

michael_loomis

Reaction
i kinda dig the set they did with the S & M symphony orchestra.

blind655

Reaction
And justice for all.. One!!!!

gary

Reaction
ooops...did i put kill 'em all? i meant "and justice for all..."