New model kit out

Rprice

Reaction
dave on your models where do you get your tires from? all i have is the tires that came with the kit. Thanks

dave

Reaction
Well this kit was out back in the early 80's or late 70's . They just brought it back . I guess with the models you have to take what you can get. They have another kit that comes with a Chevy stepside and a Hi-Jumper style buggy and trailer. Maybe they will bring that one back some day.
Rory : As for the tires I started to mold my own. I was getting a off road style tire that worked great for Mini/mid size trucks and for for the rear of Baja's from Satco ,but Japan was having some kind of $$$ problems or something like that and the states was sold out for months. I don't know if Satco has them now ?

martininsocal

Reaction
I believe that kit originally was patterned after Spencer Lowes Little Hustler kits that he used when he converted the Datsuns to straight axle 4x4. When I was about 10, I saw one and said that was the truck for me!!! He had some great sales brochures with his trucks catching huge ait at Riverside and Glamis.