New Penhall Coyote 1/1600

pdsurfer

Reaction
Checking out whats new over at Penhall Fab and caught them building this badass single seat 1600 , heres some pics

Attachments

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
ummm we're going to have to stop this thread right now!!! haha jk ... a penhall or mirage is my dream 1600..... this 1600 is EXACTLY how i would have one built!!!

great job!

keep us updated!!! :D

scombs

Reaction
Car looks good derek wouldnt expect anything different

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Front shock towers are intriguing. I wonder if they can use a stock upper shock heim, or if they will use one that pivots more. Maybe a 16 car doesn't have too much of a shock angle change because of the short arms.

C. Bucher

Reaction
How's the shifter going to work? Or does it still need to have a hole/tunnel cut into the aluminum?

Nice car though. Looks clean. Whoever's it is they've got some long legs by the looks of things.

xterra

Reaction
How's the shifter going to work? Or does it still need to have a hole/tunnel cut into the aluminum?

Nice car though. Looks clean. Whoever's it is they've got some long legs by the looks of things.
I guess it's only a mock-up tank, real one should have a tunnel

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
the fuel cell is not complete yet it will have a tube style tunnel. Front shock mounts are standard issue on our Penhall 1600 no need for a N.A.S.A approved bearing standard FOX ones work fine.

Riverguy553

Reaction
Whos car is this going to be? Wish i could order one!

Last edited:

harleys dad

Reaction
Jamie nice work, how have you been. I have one question, why is the motor-transmission flat???? Just curious. Nice looking

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Hey davy, all is good ,I think the picture is deceiving it is angled ,how much is the question approx 7deg , i'm having alot of fun with this one !!

harleys dad

Reaction
Hey davy, all is good ,I think the picture is deceiving it is angled ,how much is the question approx 7deg , i'm having alot of fun with this one !!
I was just wondering Jamie. It looks nice. Are you racing it or just doing the building. Give me a call, want to talk to you,and catch up

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Just building it, customer owned wish it was mine thou

LukeMcMillin

Reaction
Hey I had a few questions bout the car, if anyone, who knows, could answer. Did we ever find out who's car this is going to be? Are they really running the 2.5's up front, 2.0's are soo much lighter and work perfect on a 1600. And why did they do the front shock towers like that opposed to like the "loop" kind of shock towers to make them double sheered, some don't find that necessary though. And a tube seat in a 1600 car! OUCH! I have thought bout it because they are way light but I wonder if that hurts.

Last edited:

JCampbell

"1" time champ
Reaction
Luke
Front shock mounts I designed to save material and they make our car different
Shocks r 2" 2 tube bypass made for us by fox
U will see it at v to r!!! Who owns it.

Steve0

Reaction
Great looking car! I wouldnt expect anything less coming out of Penhall.