• Forum membership has its advantages....

new pics of SCORE 101 Trophy Truck class

fab101

This is our new SCORE 101 Trophy Truck class taught by Billy Gasper from Porter
Race Cars. This class just finished 7 weeks of welding and tube bending and notching. Now they are finalizing there jig tables and designing the lower frame section on the front engine trophy trucks.

fab101

The top pics looked a little dark, sorry my camera kinda sucks with the lighting. Here are some new pics from last night. I spent 5 hours on the road driving to Desert Specialties to pick up the "mock-up" hubs front and rear along with a rear axle for the Trophy Truck teams. They where all pretty excited when they saw these things. These hubs are massively huge and look very cool.

Doug

Hey Chris, is that axle housing in your last post positioned at full bump on the jig? Looks like it but I was just checking.

JohnThomas1

Doug said:
Hey Chris, is that axle housing in your last post positioned at full bump on the jig? Looks like it but I was just checking.
Yes it is, If I remember correctly we set it at 15" to the center of the tube.

fab101

Here are some updated pics of the class. Hey John Thomas, do you know how much travel your team and Billy Gasper figured out for the rear of your truck? I am guessing its going to be between 32-36"?

bcampbell04

Resident Almost Know-it-all
looks sweet from whats done now. i can't wait to see the finished product.

fab101

Its been a while sense I have posted some pics of the Trophy Truck class. We have started 3 more teams with 6 students each. Now we have 5 teams building these awesome machines. Each one of these trucks will be raced. They are all built from 2" .120 4130. We will be donating most of these trucks to high end race teams after the class is done with them, I cant wait to see the finished products. The staff and students are all very proud of these trucks, so congratulations to all the students that are making this happen.

fab101

Danny Porter of Porter Race cars has just started his first teams of 6 students in the Trophy Truck class. Danny has a total of 3 teams, 2 are still in the welding phase. In this twelve month long course the first 7 weeks is all hands on welding. After the welding phase then they build their own jig table for the truck, after that they move into the chassis phase.

fab101

Here are some updated pics from Billy Gaspers class. These trucks are coming along pretty good. We just started a "build your own" version of the Trophty Truck class with a "father and two sons" team. They are still in welding phase now, so look for some pics on that in about a week or so.